Post by Tom » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:07 am

yes, i can't wait for a KS line Sci fi.
Dwarven Forge, le donjon en 3d

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Re: The Future of (DF) Sci-Fi

Post by arsthein » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:07 am

jackattack wrote:My suggestion for sci-fi would be to make a set of generic walls and corners, and make dressings that are designed to go in the partial squares against the walls (along with doors and some specialty pieces). One set of dressings might be exposed conduits, one might be shiny black consoles, one might be bioware, and so on. That would increase the versatility of the sci-fi sets while keeping material costs of te dressings down.
I like this idea very much, it would be a terrific starting point for a Kickstarter, that later could be expanded to meet the look of different kinds of sci fi. It should reveal the potential customers for future expansions...

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:48 am

ShadowSoul wrote:Just a quick question if we were to do a sci fi set what style and what type of things would you like to see?
The old Sci Fi line was awesome-looking, I just couldn't afford it at the time, and the fact that 1 set only had 3 walls didn't help.

I'm not into Sci Fi per se, but I would love to have a KS to put some in my fantasy games. I would rather have it with some techno-magic or steam-punk vibe though.

The bio-organic enviroments is a fantasy of mine as well scifi-wise!

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Post by Teulisch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:10 pm

the current city-builder system may adapt well to sci-fi. a light freighter could easily be 8 rooms long on a single axis (the millenium falcon is 35 meters long), and a number of rooms wide. add a few diagonal rooms for aesthetics, and i could see a lot of ships you could make using those posts and walls. and LED pieces for engineering would be a lot of fun.

the two systems people are most likely to use it with are Traveller (an old game with many editions) or Star Wars (which is a popular franchise). if you plan for most the maps that the ships from those two use, then your set. wall, corner, diagonal, floor, door, 4x4 room with posts, and diagonal half-room with posts, and your done. the rest is wicked editions and clear dwarvenite 'window' walls.

we know it wont be the next KS (castles), but it could easily be after that.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

Mydienon
Orc
Orc

Post by Mydienon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:17 am

HeroQuestFrance wrote:The new star wars movie + the descent's like boardgame (star wars imperial assault) can launch the interest of SF game tiles for DF.

Not resin, this serial is definitively dead with the end of the alpha, beta and gamma sets years ago. That's why DF made a special offer to clear the stocks.
It would be a miracle if both stefan & jeff could be agreed to relaunch those old sets.
I think the Sci-Fi tiles are the perfect Kickstarter project. DF could produce to their target customers and we'd get brilliant new pieces to go with the resin sets. DF could also gauge interest -- if the Sci-Fi Kickstarter hit multi-million dollar heights, it would clearly demonstrate this line is viable for continued production (and they could produce more of the resin sets).

Imagine how cool a Sci-Fi multi-level build could be, akin to the City Builder System? I bet we could create some truly incredible ship designs with something like that...

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:31 am

The new star wars movie + the descent's like boardgame (star wars imperial assault) can launch the interest of SF game tiles for DF.

Not resin, this serial is definitively dead with the end of the alpha, beta and gamma sets years ago. That's why DF made a special offer to clear the stocks.
It would be a miracle if both stefan & jeff could be agreed to relaunch those old sets.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:06 am

jchunick wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:To be honest, unless it's something amazing, I don't know if I'd buy more sci-fi. Too one-shot for my games. But I wouldn't be your target market on this one. :) I'd ask on some other boards where sci-fi gamers hang out more often.
LOL! Why'd you quote yourself?... :ugeek:
For uh.... emphasis... yeah. Totally not a mistake. ;)
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:26 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:To be honest, unless it's something amazing, I don't know if I'd buy more sci-fi. Too one-shot for my games. But I wouldn't be your target market on this one. :) I'd ask on some other boards where sci-fi gamers hang out more often.
LOL! Why'd you quote yourself?... :ugeek:
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:22 am

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:22 am

To be honest, unless it's something amazing, I don't know if I'd buy more sci-fi. Too one-shot for my games. But I wouldn't get your target market on this one. :) I'd ask on some other boards where sci-fi gamers hang out more often.

Return to “Sci-Fi Master Maze Products”