"Imperial" Repaint

Shadox
Minotaur
Minotaur

"Imperial" Repaint

Post by Shadox » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Welcome Blast,

'L' would be so proud with the up close eye of the mini shot. Nice photo.

-Shadox

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

"Imperial" Repaint

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:00 am

Open the Blast doors!

Myrthe
Ogre
Ogre

"Imperial" Repaint

Post by Myrthe » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi GS -

Yep ... I'm still alive ;)

I like the idea of going black ... especially a gloss black.

Black will look great next to the stock paint job, too. Grey would look a little flat ... almost like a primer coat of the stock scheme where the metallic dry-brush coat was forgotten.

And, speaking of, dry-brushing would allow you to quickly pick out, say, the floor texture over the black base coat (maybe with a bright silver or copper for contrast.

You can also add subtle details in a flat black finish to offset the gloss.

If you go gloss, you may want to spray a flat black primer, and then pick out the areas you want shiny with a brush-on gloss coat. That allows you to paint over the non-gloss areas with better paint adhesion.

I am a big fan of primer formulated for miniatures ... it's finer so as not to cover details like little control buttons and such.

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

"Imperial" Repaint

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 am

Ok Quick Question for people....

I have been toying with this idea for a while now to repaint a few of the Sci-Fi walls to get a more "Imperial" and by that i don't mean War Hammer Imperial i mean Star Wars Imperial, look to it.

Most Diorama Type places have the walls a dark Grey, Thinking doing the same, but i can't help put think that a Black paint job would be more striking. And look more visualy different from the Current Silver of the Sci-Fi line?

Any thoughts?