Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Teulisch
Orc
Orc

Re: Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Teulisch » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm

I would like a set, dwarvenite or otherwise, that i could use for a Traveller ship or station, or for a Starfinder game.

star wars, the light freighter is about 35 meters long. thats about 10 2"x2" dungeon tiles across. thats the length of a traveller scout ship (which is smaller in width), but a free trader is about 13 tiles long, and 6 tiles wide (plus the fuel tank, which is more external walls). heck, the cargo bay alone is 35 floor tiles (7x5, PLUS walls). we need a large 'cargo bay' floor tile.

the 'extras' of ship consoles and such would be nice, if broken up between engineering, command, and passenger compartments. probably a 'cargo' selection of crates and barrels as well, those would be high demand for other games too.
25 resin sets, 5 KS1 sets, 5 KS2 sets, KS3 Village/Sewer/Streets

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sun May 07, 2017 8:20 pm

I would be like a set if thee different center hub sections that were three-sided, five-sided, and five-sided for multispoked ships and stations.

Also it would be good to have engine room, thrusters, air lock, a hangar door, and turrets plus if course re-reals of all the "current" DF SF sets.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Wiglaf, you are a true necromancer.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Long passages or hallways are needed. I considered a set of the maki sci fi corridors but after reading more decided against it.

PeteRR
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Re:Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by PeteRR » Sun May 07, 2017 12:01 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:40 am
What I would like to see in a future set ?
I think 9x9 squares tile, a pack of long straight walls (2x6 squares), damaged straight walls, a lift door, a base entrance, straight walls with transparent windows.
I agree with all of these, but especially bigger stand-alone floor pieces and long walls. An airlock would be useful also.

Wiglaf
Goblin
Goblin

Re:Interest in Future Sci-Fi Sets?

Post by Wiglaf » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:56 pm

I feel that there is little that is really needed aside from re-casting the older sets again, or making something with similar pieces if those molds are gone. I know I would invest rather heavily in such a re-release of those sets. Sadly, I was a penny pinching college student when they were last available. That is no longer the case.

My order should arrive tomorrow. I look forward to posting pictures as soon as I get my first set up put together. Once I have evaluated how far I can stretch those sets I'll be checking the budget to see how much more I can afford. This is an exciting time. I can see combining the sci fi sets with caverns and the rumored sewer set to create some excellent Fallout 3 and New Vegas style setups.

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 am

I am with you guys - i will sign up for a 10 pack of sci-fi plus 5-10 addons!.

I have 5 rooms, 6 sets of corridors and a set of the large platforms/columns (no ramp though) and a set of accessories.

Its enough to show off the set but not enough to reallly do something magnificent.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:40 am

http://www.lessouterrainsoublies.fr/Dec ... ction.html

http://www.lessouterrainsoublies.fr/Dec ... oires.html

5 sets only.

What I would like to see in a future set ?
I think 9x9 squares tile, a pack of long straight walls (2x6 squares), damaged straight walls, a lift door, a base entrance, straight walls with transparent windows.

In fact, since I started to collect this product line, I realized the 4 first sets are excellent since you need nothing else more to construct a spaceship or a futurist base.
The furniture (fifth set) was great but if you see the pic I just posted above, many trademarks are doing furniture to complete you set up.

So it's hard to imagine what Jeff could add (corrige me but I think it's Jeff who designed the sf line isn't it ?)

jgardner44
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jgardner44 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:42 pm

What would be everyones wish list for future pieces for sci-fi sets if they ever made anymore? What do you want in your builds?

I haven't seen the sci-fi sets in person. Could those of you with sci-fi sets be kind enough to post in this thread a set of summary pictures of whats included in each DF set?

Wiglaf
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Wiglaf » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:01 am

Law, you magnificent b*****d. You've just made me decide to invest in some hell scapes as soon as funds allow. Those were some excellent pictures and a fun story to read. Thank you very much for sharing.