Discord - Who are you? and why?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Discord - Who are you? and why?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:19 am

zenako wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:30 am
Rabbit Burner wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:25 am We paved over ours - get off our slabs!
Wait, I thought that was where you had your castle tiles !!
Our Castle is built on the slabs - duh!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:11 pm

Really entertaining reading all this half a year later.
I wonder how many "NO" folks have hit Discord since this was first posted?

1 - Are you on there?
Yes, I do Discord.
If you are who are you? (relevant if your using a different username than on here)
Same a here, but rarely use the full title (below) instead almost always just TLW.

2 - If you are not on then why not?
Does NOt apply.

3 - The main question we have is how will it be different to the Forums?
After a year, its pretty clear.
o-Discord is heavily newer collectors, relatively few of whom play here regularly.
o-It is weighted with a lot younger folks used to the medium.

I go there because I like the immediacy and back and forth...but if you notice, you can post and use the @(whoever you want to see it) and they will find it later, so you can make the Discord much like this Forum

There is a lot of creativity there, so I get ideas, not just about DwF and builds but gaming and DMing.

The posts are sorted by functional category, not by KS. I can find things to sell, or new builds, very quickly.

I have none of the problems y'all raised. Lostpict said Discord cluttered his phone with 'clamor' - I never use my phone to access any of this stuff, too hard to read and post, so all my Discord/Forum stay neatly where I put them.

Selling/buying is quicker there. I've been on Forums for over a decade, Discord for less than a year, but I think 80% of my trading has happened there in that year, including a lot with AnimeiSensei - Isee his stuff faster on Discord because there is a planned place for it (the Buy-and-Sell channel).

I use Discord constantly for gaming already. Even before The Plague, it speeded up private comms (no more pulling a player out of the room) and allowed me to pre-prepare some comments or info dumps in my script, then just copy and paste them to a player's private Discord channel.

I simply don't let the medium dictate how I use it - I do, or maybe I choose not to use that medium (I refuse to use phones to get a menu by taking a pic of that square dotty thing!).

And....Discord keeps me in touch with new users/players. THe Forum is more considered and I have a lot of friends here - Arsthein in Spain, Lord Dust (who just reappeared) - I could go on. I guess even the Lagomorph Hive Mind, Rabbit, although you post on Discord as much as I do, almost, and still manage to show your furry face here.
Pacarat, that bunny hack saw after the bit about Rabbit Floss was hilarious.

Speaking of which, Pacarat, how many jobs have you got on Discord v here on the Forums? If any of you don't know, Pacarat does contract work (painting, folks, PAINTING!!!) and his quality is great.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:44 am

Discord is still Dice4hire less!!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

stenfisker
Orc
Orc

Post by stenfisker » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:48 am

Originally I said I wasn't interested in Discord. But I joined and I do like to follow what's going on over there. I am not very active, and I prefer the "slow-motion" posting here on the forums. But still, it's nice to see and hear what a somewhat different crowd think about DF.
Royal Sluice Mason Extraordinaire
a.k.a. KasperKenobi

OctaviusvonGilgamesh
Goblin
Goblin

Post by OctaviusvonGilgamesh » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:32 am

I too do not Discord. Just keeping up with the forums and Twitch is enough for me.
If your bacon's unsmoked then it's just hot ham.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:46 am

I used it for the voice channel in my The Expanse RPG Roll20 session. The DF channels reminds me of Grand Central Station. I am Lostpict there and most other forums.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

hearth_builder
Goblin
Goblin

Post by hearth_builder » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:51 pm

I just signed up for the discord. I like these forums best, but always interested in meeting new folks and seeing cool builds. On discord I am wilderness_encounter

Trollface
Orc
Orc

Post by Trollface » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:58 am

Trollface here and nikko on discord.
I was painting trolls at the time I set up my DF account, moved on to other things
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Website & Other Suggestions”