Discord - Who are you? and why?

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Discord - Who are you? and why?

Post by zenako » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:23 am

Ouch feeling the years here. I remember playing D&D back when I first got to college with the old white box set in 1975...you do the math...

Am I supposed to start shaking a cane and yelling something about the front yard now??? :D

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:38 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 am

So what we want to know is:

1 - Are you on there?
If you are who are you? (relevant if your using a different username than on here)

2 - If you are not on then why not?

3 - The main question we have is how will it be different to the Forums?
1: no

2: I have no time for it. I‘m at least 10 hours a day at work, (working not surfing in the internet!). Have my two RPG group (not weekly), 2x a week I swim in a swim club and the rest of the time is reserved for my family. I use what’s app for coordination not much more, FB mostly just for DF but I don‘t have time to follow other social media channels like twitter, Instagram or discord. Even following the twitch streams is already difficult I just don‘t have enough time for that stuff, I would like to do. Btw: I‘m 41. just one year away from the magic number...

3: I like the forum, which I read mostly in the evenings. I can react at my own speed and join a discuss when I have time. At the moment I have no interest to switch to a different conversation method.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:47 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:33 pm
hunter_something wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm
34 - wait, am I surrounded by olds?
You are old. Ask ask 6 year old. It is just perspective.
I can remember thinking the assistant when I was in first grade was old, she was 22. :oops:

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:33 pm

hunter_something wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm
You are old. Ask ask 6 year old. It is just perspective.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:27 pm

I'm Eric on discord and authorusdale on twitch.

I still prefer these forums for most stuff, but already on enough discords that adding one more isn't a problem. I still tend to only engage when at a desktop, since discord on mobile annoys me.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm

stenfisker
Goblin
Goblin

Post by stenfisker » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:30 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:09 pm
stenfisker wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:22 am
1) Nope
2) Don't really think I need it. I am already on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and Forums. Not crazy about the Discord format of communication (from what I hear).
3) Not sure...

I am 50 years old. So I almost feel like one of the younger people on this forum now :D
38!

Am I the youngest one here?
38 ! You are just a kid AS !!!
:D

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:09 pm

stenfisker wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:22 am
1) Nope
2) Don't really think I need it. I am already on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch and Forums. Not crazy about the Discord format of communication (from what I hear).
3) Not sure...

I am 50 years old. So I almost feel like one of the younger people on this forum now :D
38!

Am I the youngest one here?
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:37 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:04 am

btw we are 52 and at some point everyone we play Football, Paintball, W40K, even computer games with are younger than us, when and how the hell did that happen!?
I am trying to keep up with my 8yr old twins - who still want to play tag at the ice arena despite the fact that they skate WAY faster than me and can switch from forwards to backwards at full speed, and stop on a dime - they don't understand that i weigh 4 times what they do and can't stop, turn or accelerate anywhere close to their speed

I waited tables and was always the oldest guy at work with a bunch of kids who had no idea what music i was talking about - i did have a great moment 2 days ago with one of my daughter's friends - Victoria hurt her ankle and was wailing "ooooowwwww" - i chimed in with "aowww oooooohhh" and their friend jumped right in with "Werewolves of London..." - I was SOOO happy - when an 8 yr old can join you on a Warren Zevon joke i have faith in the future of the world!!!!

PS - you can ALWAYS blame Al Gore.... and as an old guy i liked Mayor Pete's cheap shot at Walter Mondale, i am not sure how much of the audience got it, but i laughed outloud

PPS - This appears to have turned into the "old man rant" thread... perhaps we should split the thread ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:12 am

1) I am Veg on Discord (It wouldn't let me use Vegomatic) and I am berigand on Twitch (I was using that handle for another place back when I created the account) BTW, Berigand was my first 3rd ed DnD character.

2) n/a

3) I like the forum format much better (is that because I too am over 50?).

- I mostly just lurk on Discord - so far I have been able to keep up just reading a couple of nights a week. I expect that will change.. I don't expect to post unless something compelling comes up

- I have only seen part of one Twitch session live (they usually happen when I have other commitments - like work)... I have watched three of them in their entirety and bits/pieces of a couple more... is difficult to set aside a couple of hours to watch (the few I have seen were watched at 1.5 speed so an over 2 hour stream took about an 1.5 hours to watch)

- My facebook account has not been used since my kids quit posting there 3+ years ago. In fact I have forgotten my password (perhaps it is saved on my old laptop?) and the email it is registered to no longer exists (ISP change). So I have not seen the official Dwarven Forge page there.

.... what else can I bore you with? .... hmmm

I guess that will do for now. :lol:

Return to “Website & Other Suggestions”