Why We Need an Open Water Game Tiles Set

DungeonBuilder
Orc
Orc

Re:Why We Need an Open Water Game Tiles Set

Post by DungeonBuilder » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:34 am

I don't know why they didn't offer one during the campaign. Lots of people requested it.

I bought unpainted so I'll be making my own and just painting them they same as the rest of my dungeon tiles.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:32 am

I endorse this recommendation!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:03 am

I just wanted to say I agree with Kitenerd 100%. Would like open water set, and would love a water set part 2.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:23 pm

BUMP

Just looked at Jericho's pics of his brand spanking new caverns and it made me want to bump this thread.

I really want an open water pack, but i also think we need some addl shoreline sculpts. Something a little concave or convex (but with the same entry and exit points on the edges) to break up long straight river edges. If you look at the PICS they very quickly start to look like man made canals,,, they are just tooo straight. Maybe even a piece with a big rock just offshore.

Water was one of the most popular add ons in KS 2. Hopefully KS 3 will have a Water II set to build on that success and double down ion the awesome we already have.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

tattooedtoad
Orc
Orc

Post by tattooedtoad » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:29 pm

I agree with kitenerd I\'ve seen vortex tiles and a few other awesome variant pieces I\'d love to have also like 2 or 3 rowboats a regular 1 broken in half like on a beach and one sinking to add to the aesthetics of the game yes?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:54 pm

I hope Stefan is reading this. During the KS we begged for a pack of open water tiles and Stefan chimed in that he felt like he would be taking advantage of us, since they were so simple. As far as i am concerned, if customers are begging for it... make it!

There are several options for DF. One is to add a few new shoreline sculpts to a pack of 10 open water tiles, this would help create layouts without pattern repetition. A few accessories (rowboat, flotsam, wave, etc) would be a fun things to include. Or make the pack really inexpensive. Or just make a little extra money... that is ok too! It makes up for all the times you were a little too generous for your own good.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

lioncat84
Kobold
Kobold

Post by lioncat84 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Kryzsko wrote:

An auction just ended on E-bay for 3 open water cavern lake tiles. The ending bid with shipping was $152.62. They were originally $99 for 10. That is crazy! Someone was willing to pay almost the price of a full cavern lake set for 3 open water tiles. Oh, and more than one person as there were 18 bids, and 7 bidders.

Also an important thing to note: 152.62 might be the MSRP for a Cavern Lake set, but that\'s nowhere close to what they\'re going for on eBay. The median price I see for sets from the Caverns line on eBay is in the 250 dollar range.

I use eBay all the time to get great deals on vintage 1st and 2nd Ed. D&D stuff, but I can NEVER find Dwarven Forge resin products at a good price. That\'s why the Game Tiles are so great.

j0nny_5
Kobold
Kobold

Post by j0nny_5 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:13 pm

Funny that this is a topic right now. I have a (funded) Kickstarter currently up and running called Water Tiles. It\'s ending this Wednesday.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... ater-tiles

The pieces are all super affordable AND the video is a complete how-to video demonstrating the entire creation process.

Enjoy! Hope to see you there.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Open water tiles seem painfully easy to do. It\'d be nice to have a step-by-step guide for those of us that are less able or skilled. I\'m sure that\'s out there, though. It\'s on my future project list for sure.

Also, as an avid eBayer, I can say for certain that having something bid way up isn\'t always the greatest thing. Buyer\'s remorse is funny - people don\'t pay and don\'t communicate sometimes. I\'ve had a lot of deals go that way, even with second-chance offers. I\'ve learned that I\'d much rather things go for a reasonable amount, personally.

Sorn
Orc
Orc

Post by Sorn » Fri May 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Agreed. I love the open water tiles.