Fixing Old, Broken Images on Forum

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Fixing Old, Broken Images on Forum

Post by biowizard » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:31 pm

I haven't yet fixed my old posts in the hope that old links could still somehow be fixed. Is there any official answer whether links are repairable and/or will be repairable? If no, can we get an answer?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks. I had saved all my posted pictures in a file once I resized them the first time, so I knew where 95% of them were. All I had to do was resize and repost. Hunting them down will be hard for most.

Some of the fixed threads, some will need others to fix thier own posts. I did it this way rather than bumping ten or so threads.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=165

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5437

viewtopic.php?p=67440#p67440

viewtopic.php?p=68774#p68774

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3531

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1494

viewtopic.php?p=72996#p72996

viewtopic.php?p=79205#p79205

viewtopic.php?p=87983#p87983

Most others were not more than asking and answering KS questions, plus some bits here and there. Otherwise I bumped the thread back when it was fixed. I'm sure I missed something good, oh well. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:05 am

I concur! Thanks so much!!!!
The pictures (and thread bumps) are very much appreciated.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:03 am

William wrote::D :roll: :shock: Woo Friken Hoo... I'm Done :!: :!: :!:

I think I have repaired all of my post's pictures. If anyone happens by one that I missed, please send me a PM with a link to that post or page. To link to a post, there is a little white box by the posters name that will set the page to that post. Then all you have to do is copy address and paste... Thanks. Or just bump the thread and I'll go look if you mention it.

That was 545 posts and about 1/3rd of them with over 600 pictures needing resizing and reposting.

EDIT: ALL MY PICTURES HAVE BEEN FIXED
Much appreciated! I certainly don't expect everyone to go through and do that, but anyone that can do some or all will be appreciated by many of us, I'm sure. The poor DF folk are kind of crushed with a big workload right now, so any community help we can lend is awesome!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:30 am

Sir William the Conqueror.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:53 am

William wrote::D :roll: :shock: Woo Friken Hoo... I'm Done :!: :!: :!:

I think I have repaired all of my post's pictures. If anyone happens by one that I missed, please send me a PM with a link to that post or page. To link to a post, there is a little white box by the posters name that will set the page to that post. Then all you have to do is copy address and paste... Thanks. Or just bump the thread and I'll go look if you mention it.

That was 545 posts and about 1/3rd of them with over 600 pictures needing resizing and reposting.

I bow to your tenacity, Sir. :)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:58 am

:D :roll: :shock: Woo Friken Hoo... I'm Done :!: :!: :!:

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:09 pm

William wrote:Josh, would the older and larger file size cause a problem. The old forum allowed bigger files and actual sizes for pics. Wouldn't that be a restriction when re-addressed? I would think all the pictures would need to be reduced by XX% to work in the new forum. My wife works in a marketing department and told me there are programs that could shrink all the pictures in one action. Maybe that would help if just an address change has a problem.
Just my 2 cents. :)
I didn't consider that in my original post, but it would be easy enough to download a program that will allow to batch-resize the images, before uploading them back onto the server, as your wife has suggested.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:18 am

Josh, would the older and larger file size cause a problem. The old forum allowed bigger files and actual sizes for pics. Wouldn't that be a restriction when re-addressed? I would think all the pictures would need to be reduced by XX% to work in the new forum. My wife works in a marketing department and told me there are programs that could shrink all the pictures in one action. Maybe that would help if just an address change has a problem.
Just my 2 cents. :)

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:28 am

AnimeSensei wrote:I give one vote to giving Jchunick the golden key for a day!
LOL!

I certainly don't expect them to, but I'd be more than happy to walk anyone through it from DF who wants to give it a go. I manage the website and web server at work, plus my own servers for the online chats my wife runs... so I know a thing or two about a thing or two (anyone know that reference without googling?)