Dwarven Forge Publicity

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Re: Dwarven Forge Publicity

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:08 pm

I agree Vegomatic.

Or they could just do another run of MBS and Cavernous Rivers.

I want both, but money and the non-stop Kickstarters has been an impediment. No way will I pay a crazy high Ebay price if there is a chance of these coming back here. I know MBS may be very unlikely, but I am still interested. With the crazy prices of the resin water tiles on Ebay, it is clear there is demand for them still. I hope they can get those produced again.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:20 am

As nice as it is to see the ads... I do have a nit to pick... or some constructive criticism, if you will.

Nearly every ad I have seen depicts items/products that are either out of production or have been out of stock for as long as I have been visiting here (almost a year). I am sure I have not seen all of the ads, but the ones I have appear to depict only resin sets (MBS and Cavern Sets in particular)... The bridge from the Cavernous River and Walls set is prominent in one ad (I would love to have one of those). These items are not available to anyone who might be interested in getting started with the products... If they come looking for something they see in the advertisement, odds are that they won't find what they are looking for.

It is my opinion that the ads should depict items that are available so if someone comes looking for something they see, they can find it.

Just my two bits.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:05 pm

I would also like to take this time to point out there are no ads on the DF site. Some small retailers like DF sell ad space for extra revenue and clog up the page and people's bandwidth.

Thank you, DF for keeping your site clean.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:20 pm

+1.

Same thing happening to me. Took me by surprise as well. As much as I usually do not like ads, they are a fact of life, and these I actually welcomed.

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:17 am

I saw these last night, on an article I clicked to from Facebook.
Finally an ad I was happy to see!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Obviously this means DF has purchased ad space; very nice!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:56 pm

I have seen the same, but my adverts are generally filled with board games, minis, and RPG related stuff so it took a second to click that those were new. There are the occasional ads for camping and other outdoor gear or drinking paraphenalia, but the need to search that up is much less since there aren't as many changes and developments in those areas!

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Dwarven Forge Publicity

Post by biowizard » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:19 pm

I was randomly browsing the internet on several subjects somewhat related to science when I stumbled on this Washington Post article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... -not-true/) about a misinterpretation of the relationship between cycles of solar spots and climate change when I was happily surprised to see a Dwarven Forge ad in the side panel of my internet browser:
Dwarven Forge Publicity 3.png
Dwarven Forge Publicity 3.png (240.24 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
Dwarven Forge Publicity 2.png
Dwarven Forge Publicity 2.png (184.75 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
Dwarven Forge Publicity 1.png
Dwarven Forge Publicity 1.png (228.99 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
I think my browsing history triggered this ad based on my presumed interests, i.e. when I reload this page, these publicities cycle between many.