November Restock

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: November Restock

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:57 am

brvheart wrote:Any word on when it is coming in?
Sounded like around the end of the month when I asked Suzy today.

They did not have an exact date yet.

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:17 am

Any word on when it is coming in?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:38 pm

I know Stefan has said previously that the resin water has to have the PERFECT humidity and temperature for it to cure correctly. With all of the recent issues I'm assuming they thought they had it down and it didn't work with the last batch and cost them a lot of money in replacements.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
The Cavernous Lake sets will no longer be available - we had too many problems with that set and we have decided to discontinue it. We do not have any plans to restock the resin Cavern sets at this time, but it is possible that in the distant future we will release a limited restock.
Cavern set in resin may be. Water sets it's no, no more and never.
I don't quite understand why this is must be a never. Ebay prices show that there is some fair demand for the resin water. Is it that they cannot find any manufacturer that can make it up to the proper standards? Weren't the earlier sets fine? What changed? Or would it just cost too much to get it done at a high standard now? I can understand that if they had to double or triple the price of the resin water, which puts it in the same ballpark as Ebay, then we might as well just get it there.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:20 pm

As I told you in another topic, here's your annoucement :
Envoyé : lundi 17 octobre 2016 17:32 À : Richard Richard Objet : Dwarven Forge Restock

Hi Richard,

We are expecting a restock on the Narrow Passage Set and the Open Water Set in late November of this. (dwarvenite)
I 'm going to buy one of each painted of course.
We do not have a restock date for the Village Sets, but we will be sure to inform you when we do.
Sad - it had to be my christmas present- ... so no village this year.
The Cavernous Lake sets will no longer be available - we had too many problems with that set and we have decided to discontinue it. We do not have any plans to restock the resin Cavern sets at this time, but it is possible that in the distant future we will release a limited restock.
Cavern set in resin may be. Water sets it's no, no more and never.
Many of the Dwarvenite Cavern sets are currently available, although some of them are in transit and should be available within the next few weeks.
Just 1 or 2 week to wait.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:36 pm

dice4hire wrote:I wonder if using clear dwarvenite might make that illusion of depth easier, maybe painting the top and bottom differently?

Maybe colored dwarvenite (ie not dungeon grey)
I'm not sure if it would be clear enough. The bits I had seen appeared more distorted than water would be. It might work though. I want to get some of the clear cavern sets eventually and paint them with gel or stain glass paints to make lava-scapes that I can light from below for a really awesome glow.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:13 pm

I wonder if using clear dwarvenite might make that illusion of depth easier, maybe painting the top and bottom differently?

Maybe colored dwarvenite (ie not dungeon grey)
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:48 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote: This could be big news, I would like an official announcement on this.

If nothing else having an announcement telling us if the restock is pre or post black Friday would be helpful.
+1

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:37 am

kodiakbear wrote:
jchunick wrote:... there were a lot of issues with the water sets.
Off topic.

I wonder if a two part Dwarvenite water piece could be done.
Solid on the bottom and colored translucent on top.

If so it might work great for the future water environments, heck the top could come in lake/river blue or murky swamp dark green.
I don't know how practical and/or affordable it would be to do this, but I have asked about the same thing in the past! If it can be done that would be awesome. Otherwise I suppose I'll have to content myself with finding some way to create a better illusion of depth over the dwarvenite.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:52 am

AnimeSensei wrote: This could be big news, I would like an official announcement on this.

If nothing else having an announcement telling us if the restock is pre or post black Friday would be helpful.