Why All the Secrecy Around KS5?

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Why All the Secrecy Around KS5?

Post by ForestZ » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:18 pm

William wrote:The pillars have an arch between the corner pillar and the end of wall pillars. Looks the same on the diagonal wall Stefan is working on.
So, I think we will have pillars at each side of a standard wall too with a single arch between them. And with that, there will always be double pillars at all wall to wall and corner to wall connections. A single centered pillar would have two arches on either side and then couldn't be used next to non-pillar walls.
I would love to see a few pieces together.
I didn't even notice the arch! Yup, that makes perfect sense.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

The pillars have an arch between the corner pillar and the end of wall pillars. Looks the same on the diagonal wall Stefan is working on.
So, I think we will have pillars at each side of a standard wall too with a single arch between them. And with that, there will always be double pillars at all wall to wall and corner to wall connections. A single centered pillar would have two arches on either side and then couldn't be used next to non-pillar walls.
I would love to see a few pieces together.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:48 pm

Blue Prophet wrote:
jchunick wrote:I have pieces sitting here on my work table for adding all sorts of LED goodies... and I have them side-by-side with KS1 tiles. I'm not seeing any real issues with them integrating with KS1 tiles.
Nice bean spilled there.

I was hoping for and expecting some LED stuff for dungeons.
LOL! I kind of thought that'd be a pretty obvious gimme. :-)

The key is you have no idea what kind of stuff I'm cooking up ;-) :D
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:40 pm

jchunick wrote:I have pieces sitting here on my work table for adding all sorts of LED goodies... and I have them side-by-side with KS1 tiles. I'm not seeing any real issues with them integrating with KS1 tiles.
Nice bean spilled there.

I was hoping for and expecting some LED stuff for dungeons.

Gotrek-Gurnisson
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Gotrek-Gurnisson » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:36 pm

I agree with Mobius in regards to seeing the introduction of dungeon double-doors in Dwarvenite. Not only do double-doors look gorgeous, but they add a great deal of playability for party moving from one room to the next.

Now that we know the theme, I'm truly excited, I really hope to bring my kingdom of dwarves to the tabletop with these ornate dungeons.

I really hope we see accessories and pieces that allow us to make themed rooms:
- Armory
- Prison Cells
- Throne Room
- Smith's Forge
- Wizard's Solar
- Alchemist's Lab

Ornate dungeon pieces could always help me build the interior of a vampire's castle. It would be excellent if I could make a truly terrifying interior for Castle Ravenloft.

Can't wait to see more pieces and see what other backers are hoping for!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:21 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:Looking again, my only nitpick is the floor portion looks more like KS3's battlements than the original dungeon tiles. It is a flatter look. If it'supposed to be back to the dungeons, I just hope it fits in, or there are enough pieces (other floors) that it's not an issue.
I have pieces sitting here on my work table for adding all sorts of LED goodies... and I have them side-by-side with KS1 tiles. I'm not seeing any real issues with them integrating with KS1 tiles.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07 pm

ForestZ wrote:
kitenerd wrote:Interestingly, the corner contains full pillars. We wouldnt want side by side pillars, so will the walls have a pillar in the center?
I was thinking the same thing, about ending up with double pillars. Dunno why I didn't think of a center pillar in the straight walls, that would solve it for any room without corners side by side. Double corners would still give you double pillars, but that may not look that bad actually.
Well, if you look at the other picture, it appears Stefan is working on a diagonal piece with pillars at both ends. I think that may hint side pillars and not center pillars for straight walls

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Stefan hinted a while back at dungeon double-doors for KS5. I have some Elye's double-doors from his Griffin Tamer KS and they're great. Much better than a little KS1 door leading to some epic boss chamber.

With Elye working with DF, it would be great to see a Dwarvenite version of them in KS5.

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:06 pm

kitenerd wrote:Interestingly, the corner contains full pillars. We wouldnt want side by side pillars, so will the walls have a pillar in the center?
I was thinking the same thing, about ending up with double pillars. Dunno why I didn't think of a center pillar in the straight walls, that would solve it for any room without corners side by side. Double corners would still give you double pillars, but that may not look that bad actually.

steel_knight
Kobold
Kobold

Post by steel_knight » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:52 am

These previews are excellent! Keep up the great work! I also greatly appreciate the return to the dungeon tiles.