Pictures

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Pictures

Post by biowizard » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:08 pm

...haven't posted in a while but had to just for this. There is a folder with my forum alias as the title on someone's computer who apparently deemed worthy to backup my silly pictures.

William, you made my day!

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:48 am

I took a look. Love your large number of Tyranids, a large mini collection after my own heart!! Will have to go back a look more closely at some of your mountain builds for some insights.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 am

that is quite a collection, a real labour of love :)

Would be cool to have them accessible via the DF Photos section - or at least those that are of DF builds ;)

All our hobby related pictures are on our Flickr account, so hopefully always easily accessible, with masters on a backed up NAS drive back in the warren.

Free to all who dare enter the murky realm of Lagomorph hobbying ........

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154061666@N05/albums
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 am

If it has pixels it's been saved. I am human and my computer was built by one too, so there may be a few gaps, but I have tried to get them all. Although I don't have a folder in there. I even save every meme, repost of KS pics, layouts, ideas, ..................................... It's my very own D.F. version of googly or mug-mag. ;) :lol:
I know who help others with clarification shots and who just post memes to spread some fun throughout. Then there are the testers, modders and sculptors, cartoonists, painters, ... and all the picture takers .... it's been great keeping up on everything. :D Thanks to everyone and I mean everyone.

I have thought about this and if someone needs or wants there own I will get what I have of your pictures to you. But when it comes to a complete copy I would feel more comfortable if I just gave it to Dwarven Forge. If they want to do something with them then it would be up to them. There is no reason everyone couldn't do what I did, well, at least since the last Forum implosion. That is the reason I started this in the first place. But I've even lost too many pictures in computer failures, so this time they are on an external, which I need to back up soon onto wife's HD.

P.S. - Can we please get a new second set of KS-2 cavern water tiles, I'll never even see a resin set first hand. :roll:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am

Wow thats quite a commitment William.

Would be interested to know if all forum pictures get archived or just DF builds, having posted some pretty random pictures on here ;)

Here is another for your collection :D

This was a watershed moment for us, our first DF build, spent all day unboxing and building, whispering 'oh wow' over and over again. Totally blown away and loving every second even if those posts hurt our paws after a few hours.

Subsequently backed the next 4 Kickstarters, joined this forum and inflicted 1000's of fact* filled posts of dubious value upon unsuspecting DooFers.

The rest as they say is history :)

* Feel that its only fair to inform you that we are using the North Wales Brewers Dictionary definition of the word Fact, which defines facts as may or may not actually have any basis in truth.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:56 pm

John D wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 pm
Well met, William.
Please, consider this standing permission to use anything I've posted.
I've kept all my originals in 1600 x whatever sizes, and they look exponentially better than the jpegs that I've posted. So, if you ever decide to do a calendar... :D
If you linked to a photo viewer, I "usually" go get the better picture. I have had problems with Photobucket lately, so any of Oldent's more recent posts (if linked) are just the Forum shown versions. Although that has only been half a year or so and I have over 1400 (sheez) of his. But then Law's folder(s) have over 3400, so I think he's the big cheese on my hard drive. ;)
Well, second to my own tens of thousands (most that will never get posted, they just didn't make the 'cut'). :ugeek:

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:47 pm

I would be very interested in purchasing a copy of all the pictures if you find you are going to make some.

Thanks!

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 pm

Well met, William.
Please, consider this standing permission to use anything I've posted.
I've kept all my originals in 1600 x whatever sizes, and they look exponentially better than the jpegs that I've posted. So, if you ever decide to do a calendar... :D

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:23 pm

pacarat wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:41 pm
Cool.

Can you burn them to a DVD or two?

I’d be willing to send some $$ (or dwarvenite) your way for a copy and shipping and effort. Plus it would also provide disaster recovery if heaven forbid a drive fails...or the dog eats the back up tape. Or both.
So I noticed I only have pictures dating back to Dec of 2015 on yours. I see you joined a year earlier, so I might not have that year or so, if you posted in that first year.
Pacarats Pics.jpg
Pacarats Pics.jpg (64.42 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
I kind-of meant individuals missing pictures. I will have to see how many discs that many pictures would need. I don't foresee more than a set of discs to Valoria. Also the number of pics changes daily, so when is the optimal time to do this. I can always drop a group on Imgur for those individuals looking for their own pictures.

I'm still wondering about the new site they are working on. Is it just the store or will it include changes to or a new Forum? If the Forum is changing, maybe that would be the best time to burn the disc(s).
P.S. D.F. ------------- Please keep the black background, it's easier on the eyes. ;)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:10 pm

I might be interested as well, just as a backup. Couldn't hurt to send one to Valoria too.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Website & Other Suggestions”