À la carte

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:À la carte

Post by jackattack » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Once you've paid for your DF sets, you can sell or trade them freely, in whole or in part. There's no guarantee you'll find someone who wants the pieces you don't, nor that you'll get as much as you want for them, but you could always try to coordinate before you buy.

But yes, mini-sets or micro-sets would be very convenient on the consumer end of the equation.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:40 pm

I can understand the difficulty in selling single, individual pieces. I just wish you could by "10 packs" of pieces. Maybe I want some arrow slits but I don't need 10 more window pieces. etc.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:01 pm

William Jacobs wrote:

I did get some of Elye's flame walls and other effects in his Enter The Dundeon KS.

And I would just like to say that they are AWESOME. They are the best flame walls I own.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:44 pm

I would want four or five sets though for the size jail I want to make, but I don't need that many flame walls, because I did get some of Elye's flame walls and other effects in his Enter The Dundeon KS. So a few jail packs would be nice to add to a W.A.III.
Wicked_Additions_3_Set.jpg
Wicked_Additions_3_Set.jpg (131.94 KiB) Viewed 4118 times
EDIT: Pictures Fixed
Attachments
Wicked_Additions_3_Set.jpg
Wicked_Additions_3_Set.jpg (137.56 KiB) Viewed 4706 times
Last edited by William on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:33 am

@ William Jacobs,

DF already has jail pieces in the Wicked Addition #3 Set (link)

Furthermore, these are already the right 2*2 dimensions, come already pre-painted, include doors and are attached to a modular floor already. So, I think you should get into the Zealot KS as I did, but not for the jail pieces...

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:56 pm

I see the pedestals and single floors as the most obvious A la carte pieces.

Maybe sold it packs of 10 would work.

jls304
Orc
Orc

Post by jls304 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Without a doubt they need to release more 2x2 floor packs from the catacombs one set. That line really needs more single floor tiles. Btw I loved the corner pack set from catacombs 2..... good idea !

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:27 pm

I would love a set of DF jail pieces, but could that be determined in the next few days, I'm about to put the order in on some from the Twisting Catacombs KS.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Or toss in a few Torture pieces a rack brazer with hot pokers a iron maiden maybe pillar with some chains on it.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:40 am

The problem with individual pieces is that the packaging and inventory costs become a much higher percentage of the price of the items.

DF sometimes packages individual pieces in groups, like diagonal walls (packs of four) and floor or water (packs of ten). A themed set of ten or twenty pieces might be financially viable, but there has to be enough demand to satisfy a factory minimum order. This strikes me as a candidate for a resin kickstarter, or a preorder.

So one Cage Door, three Corner Cage Pieces, five Straight Cage Pieces, and maybe a new Straight Wall with Barred Window piece (regular stone with a square or arched window with a few bars or a grate). That's ten, easily doubled to twenty if the math calls for it.

I am a proponent of small themed sets. Look for thread titles that include the term "rooms".
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch