Looking for good trees

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Looking for good trees

Post by Oldent » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Mushu_Green wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:57 am
Oldent wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 pm
Pick a hairspray that is odorless. The formula for the WS adhesive changed it is not as good as it used to be. The spray matt works well to keep flocking on the foliage.
I use hot glue and contact cement to attach the foliage to armatures.
Do you think a varnish like the one used for miniature painting would work?
Yes,

When you process your own Lichin it turns a brown color. I use dye or spray paint to color it.

You can use the clear to attach flocking. The scenic cement work a little better.

I test position the lichin before I hot glue it

The advantage of the hair spray is you can use it inside.

If you make trees make them tall enough to have figures under them.

The ent forest is hard to use because you can not place figures under them.

The tree needs to have room under it for figures but large enough to look like a tree.

Standing it is difficult to reach across the trees.

It is not a problem seated.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:57 am

Oldent wrote:
Pick a hairspray that is odorless. The formula for the WS adhesive changed it is not as good as it used to be. The spray matt works well to keep flocking on the foliage.
Do you think a varnish like the one used for miniature painting would work?

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:43 am

Oldent wrote:
Interesting thanks. I get the pre made WS trees and I have seen the scene orama (I think they are called) trees at Michael's for 50% off so very similar to WS trees for about 6$ for 3 medium trees. They do she'd though as everyone said. Might try hairspray that's also easier to use.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Oldent wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm
Mushu_Green, the trees look very nice. They are fragile but if you handle them by the base they will be ok.

I keep mine in plastic boxes. I usually make the trees to fit the box. The boxes are from Walmart.

Maintain them with cheap Hairspray.

I have had good luck with the Aussie brand.
Is the hairspray to keep the flock sticking? I used scenic glue from woodland scenics but it's pricey and I didn't think it worked that good. What about the smell does it make the trees stink like hairspray?

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm

Mushu_Green, the trees look very nice. They are fragile but if you handle them by the base they will be ok.

I keep mine in plastic boxes. I usually make the trees to fit the box. The boxes are from Walmart.

Maintain them with cheap Hairspray.

I have had good luck with the Aussie brand.

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:13 pm

I've started doing some trees ! I fear they might be a bit too fragile but at least they look nice. I still have to paint the glue at their base and apply a varnish with the hope the foliage will not shed after some use.

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:34 am

jgt4242 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 pm
Mushu_Green wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 am
jgt4242 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:23 am
Passe-Temps 3000 ont pas grand chose honnêtement coté arbre déjà fait. J'ai presque le goût d'acheter des arbres de Citadel. Je veux pas de flock partout lol. Content de voir qu'un autre résident de la ville de Qc a du Dwarven Forge. Faudrait se montrer notre stock un jour! Si jamais ça t'intéresse voici un lien pour ma page Facebook de D&D. J'y montre le stock que je peinture, mais aussi des photos de partie de D&D 5e qu'on joue sur mes Dwarven Forge.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5670213 ... =bookmarks
Si jamais tu passes une commande fait moi signe on se splittera le shipping !
Dommage... mais non je n'ai pas encore de DF ! C'était mon premier KS l'année dernière alors j'ai assez hâte de recevoir tout ça ! (Même si ça reste très peu comparé à d'autres monde haha)
J'ai débuté mes achats de DF en août 2016 et j'en ai déja pas mal (en tk pour mes goûts). J'ai presque terminé d'acheter ce que j'avais mis sur ma liste d'achat originale au début et après je vais acheter du DoD sur le store. J'aimerais ça voir ton stock quand tu vas l'avoir!

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 pm

Mushu_Green wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 am
jgt4242 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:23 am
Mushu_Green wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:00 am

Yes same here ! Pour l'instant tout ce que j'ai trouvé ce sont des batch d'arbres par internet (le shipping fait mal cependant), mais je voulais aller voir a passe-temps 3000 a place fleur de lys dans leur section de train miniature, sait-on jamais.
Passe-Temps 3000 ont pas grand chose honnêtement coté arbre déjà fait. J'ai presque le goût d'acheter des arbres de Citadel. Je veux pas de flock partout lol. Content de voir qu'un autre résident de la ville de Qc a du Dwarven Forge. Faudrait se montrer notre stock un jour! Si jamais ça t'intéresse voici un lien pour ma page Facebook de D&D. J'y montre le stock que je peinture, mais aussi des photos de partie de D&D 5e qu'on joue sur mes Dwarven Forge.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5670213 ... =bookmarks

Dommage... mais non je n'ai pas encore de DF ! C'était mon premier KS l'année dernière alors j'ai assez hâte de recevoir tout ça ! (Même si ça reste très peu comparé à d'autres monde haha)
J'ai débuté mes achats de DF en août 2016 et j'en ai déja pas mal (en tk pour mes goûts). J'ai presque terminé d'acheter ce que j'avais mis sur ma liste d'achat originale au début et après je vais acheter du DoD sur le store. J'aimerais ça voir ton stock quand tu vas l'avoir!

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Those plastic trees look outstanding. I'd love to get my hands on some larger trees that can just be tossed in a bin like Dwarven Forge. The Safari Toob trees are great but not quite large enough.