Favorite RESIN Line/Theme

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.

What is your favorite RESIN line?

Dungeons
3%
Caverns
22%
Realm of the Ancients
34%
Den of Evil
No votes
Den of Evil: Hellscape
3%
Medieval Building System
No votes
Ruins
No votes
Catacombs
28%
Woodland
6%
Sci-Fi
3%

Total votes: 32

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Favorite RESIN Line/Theme

Post by kitenerd » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:11 am

Feymous wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:21 am
Caverns for me. The water effects are inspiring. they can create magic with almost every other DF resin set (ok, I've admittedly not found a synergy yet with Hellscape).
Fog Machine!!!

As the cold water hits the lava the fog rises and the forces off good battle the forces of evil through the obscuring mist!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:21 am

Caverns for me. The water effects are inspiring. Yes, they can make the classic cavernous lake, but they are also tranquil ponds, city harbors, and mountainous rivers. They are highly useful in and of themselves, but they can create magic with almost every other DF resin set (ok, I've admittedly not found a synergy yet with Hellscape).

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Well... at slightly more than $1000 US a piece, I would sell mine for sure!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Holy moley. I have a few sets of those.

And yet I still don't think I'd sell them. 😂
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:09 pm

I will not vote on this one, I desire all of them.
Anyone notice this last weekend on eBay?
Ebay Dwarven Forge Stuff Sales 3-26-18 WOW.jpg
Ebay Dwarven Forge Stuff Sales 3-26-18 WOW.jpg (39.09 KiB) Viewed 774 times
Wholly cow, looks like those are now completely out of my price range.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:13 pm

For me Catacombs are my favorite because they are highly detailed and very useful. They are detailed without being overly specialized. I don't have a ton but they mix in well with KS1 and soon KS2. I like them for any dungeon area with a lot of undead. They are easy to work in for not just Catacombs but crypts, tombs, lich lairs, or an undead area in almost any dungeon.

It is one of the reasons I would love to see Catacombs in dwarvenite. I would love to be able to do larger dungeons with Catacombs. If they do make dwarvenite Catacombs they need to be in that same style. I don't want new less detailed Catacombs. I want they to mesh well with my resin Catacombs.

I also like the resin Woodland set. I know it is not perfect but it is beautiful. Nice for when you need a Fae or wood elf encounter.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:41 am

Master maze is awesome and there’s no doubt that it’s more beautiful than the dwarvenite dungeon, even ks V

But in this poll you’re asking it to compete with highly specialized very detailed environments like catacombs in Realm of the ancienta and hell scape which have gorgeous amount of detail and flourishes that just aren’t on the basic bread-and-butter pieces in master made and it’s never going to win that competition
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:38 am

Don't have a Dog in this race - no DF resin :( - so not voted

But one question - do DF make new resin sets anymore ?

We ask this as we don't agree that Dwarvenite (or Gorgonite) is DF's workhorse material as we think it is their their only material moving forward.

So resin has not so much been relegated as replaced and only existing, 'hard to get', collectable sets are available.

We fully expect DF to do the equivalent of resin sets in Dwarvenite using different sculpts so to compliment those resin sets that people have as opposed to replace them.

Ok maybe that's hope more than expectation. But we are hoping to see catacombs in KSVI :)
I am the Game and I want to Play

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 pm

I like the master maze dungeon the best. I just really like the cobbled stone look better than the newer tiles bricks look. All of them are great though.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:59 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:30 am
I find it interesting that the most popular Dwarvenite line is dungeons at the moment, and at the same moment here in the Resin poll, not a single vote has been cast for dungeons.

I think this means a couple things:

1) Many of us have Dwarvenite dungeons we use a lot so they are our favorite. Not nearly as many people use Resin dungeons.

2) Dwarvenite has turned into the work horse and Resin is now delegated for special, unique, and "pretty" environments. It seems people are discussing functionality and use on the Dwarvenite poll, and aesthetics (for the most part) here on the Resin poll.
#1 I did not get any KSI dungeons because I had more than enough Master Maze.Years ago my finances did not allow me to purchase enough to have what I thought I needed so I do not have ROTA.During KSII I added a few sets to add to my caverns.
KSI is my least favorite DF product.Dwarvenite/PVC like Reaper Bones has saved this hobby by making it affordable to more people.
#2 I do not think 21 votes is enough to draw a conclusion. The question was favorite not how or how often we use it.

I would point out that I use CBS streets in most of my above ground builds

The CBS roads and alleys are often the only DF products on the table.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!