Secret Weapon - Mines

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Secret Weapon - Mines

Post by William » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:09 am

All I purchased from this KS was three sets of the Raised Walkways and an Entrance. They gave me a gift certificate for the Entrance (lost to me, because I will not go get anything for a few bucks),but they did send the Raised Walkways. Excited to get them and see how they could integrate into DF.

I'll say the S.W. - Mines KS had a few great ideas and I thought it (or portions of the KS) would work well with our DF tiles. But in the end, the final product of the walkways has a few design flaws which are driving me nuts trying to fix. They have nice 1"x2" and 2"x2" bases (but are lacking the 'fill' piece on the 2"x2"'s) and nice 4" long walkways that are for some unknown reason offset 3/16"+/- one way, so the grid above gets all screwed up or doesn't work at all, if turned 180 degrees. Also, the height of the underside of raised walkways are an 1/8" or so too low to fit over a DF cavern wall, so that kind-of sucks. The planks on some are not even supported on each end, which (working in construction for decades) drives me bonkers. The actual glue point for all of them is also very odd, seems as if the arched one was made and the others were mods of it. Anyway, as you might tell I'm not super excited about these, but I will make them better, I have the technology and the will power. It will be done.

They will be an awesome addition once they are corrected. Just wish it wasn't needed. :ugeek: It's me, I know.
I wish toy/craft manufacturers would hire more designers with a background in common sense construction techniques. I don't wanna dig a this sore too much, because I see it here inside our favorite terrain company too.
I know I'm asking too much for a completely different company to base it's design off of another's dimensions, but come on I would have. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:45 pm

I still have not gotten mine. I'm going to try to get mine to match the Burrows from KS5 as close as I can.

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Mine arrived a couple days ago.

I bought the base set, a couple mines, a curved set and a bridge. They are a bit softer material than DF, more like the Bones material. They do seem durable though.

I don't think these will blend well with the DF stuff, the sculpts have a completely different wall style. I will likely paint them up as a dark coal mine look with lots of black/grey/etc.

Peace

Bossman
Orc
Orc

Post by Bossman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:56 pm

How is the quality of the Fogou gypsum/resin? Cheers

seeamanaboutadog
Kobold
Kobold

Post by seeamanaboutadog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Still waiting in Adelaide Aust as well for this one....
Did a KS for Fogou models, battle on the farm, 2 weeks ago and will receive this week from the UK, quickest KS I've ever seen....
No rest for the wicked!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm
Do you know which carrier?
Fed X
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Still waiting on mine.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

I am still waiting for them to start shipping out of Australia. Their and Reaper Bones "Hub" in Australia just seems like a huge delay to me, I hope it actually is saving them a lot of money.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Do you know which carrier?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:38 pm

My mines arrived about a hour ahead of my KSV :D
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!