Secret Weapon - Mines

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
seeamanaboutadog
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Secret Weapon - Mines

Post by seeamanaboutadog » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Still waiting in Adelaide Aust as well for this one....
Did a KS for Fogou models, battle on the farm, 2 weeks ago and will receive this week from the UK, quickest KS I've ever seen....
No rest for the wicked!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:32 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm
Do you know which carrier?
Fed X
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Still waiting on mine.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

I am still waiting for them to start shipping out of Australia. Their and Reaper Bones "Hub" in Australia just seems like a huge delay to me, I hope it actually is saving them a lot of money.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Do you know which carrier?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:38 pm

My mines arrived about a hour ahead of my KSV :D
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri May 18, 2018 7:49 am

William wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 pm
I did go back and look at all the email correspondence and updates and there were three updates (40,42,43) that mention the soft material for the bridges, but no mention of an Entrance problem.

Also the Entrance was a $4.00 Add-on accepted on my invoice, so it's time to ask it from the horse... :roll:

pacarat, the return address states Sacramento, CA.
Cool! Mine might be waiting at homecfor me as I had a USPS notice of a pkg coming from there this week.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 pm

I did go back and look at all the email correspondence and updates and there were three updates (40,42,43) that mention the soft material for the bridges, but no mention of an Entrance problem.

Also the Entrance was a $4.00 Add-on accepted on my invoice, so it's time to ask it from the horse... :roll:

pacarat, the return address states Sacramento, CA.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 pm

William wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm
I'll check with Secret Weapon Minis then.
Was hoping it was discussed sometime by them and I missed the discussion, but I guess not.

I think the Entrance was added as an "add-on item" in the pledge manager when it came out.

I like the Bridge Sets, but they do get repetitive with that arch piece. I think I'll cut and green stuff a few of them to represent the "DF Cavern" look over the "SW Mine" look. Maybe a few Stalagmites and possibly even a large Stalactite replacing an arch or the other bend piece with the small spire sticking up. Might even cover some of the post and beam supports with natural rock outcrops instead. Then I might fill in the 'L' shape bases on the two larger bridge base pieces, so they can replace a floor tile rather than sit on top. All that just because I want it all to mix better with DF caverns.

Not to be a party pooper, but the material is a bit soft, could have been a bit stiffer resin or whatever it is. Although it should make mods much easier than if it were a harder substance. Also, the medium sized bridge has a small three board plank piece that isn't long enough to reach it's support, so it looks like a 'pit' trap ready to give in. These are not a deal breakers, I'm just a picky person. ;)

I'll post some pictures when I get around to these 'fixes'. :lol:

EDIT - P.S. - I can not believe I was one of the earlier mailings, that never happens. :?: :?
Curious where it shipped from - I backed this, too.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm

I'll check with Secret Weapon Minis then.
Was hoping it was discussed sometime by them and I missed the discussion, but I guess not.

I think the Entrance was added as an "add-on item" in the pledge manager when it came out.

I like the Bridge Sets, but they do get repetitive with that arch piece. I think I'll cut and green stuff a few of them to represent the "DF Cavern" look over the "SW Mine" look. Maybe a few Stalagmites and possibly even a large Stalactite replacing an arch or the other bend piece with the small spire sticking up. Might even cover some of the post and beam supports with natural rock outcrops instead. Then I might fill in the 'L' shape bases on the two larger bridge base pieces, so they can replace a floor tile rather than sit on top. All that just because I want it all to mix better with DF caverns.

Not to be a party pooper, but the material is a bit soft, could have been a bit stiffer resin or whatever it is. Although it should make mods much easier than if it were a harder substance. Also, the medium sized bridge has a small three board plank piece that isn't long enough to reach it's support, so it looks like a 'pit' trap ready to give in. These are not a deal breakers, I'm just a picky person. ;)

I'll post some pictures when I get around to these 'fixes'. :lol:

EDIT - P.S. - I can not believe I was one of the earlier mailings, that never happens. :?: :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )