How do you store your accessories/furnishings/decor/etc...

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: How do you store your accessories/furnishings/decor/etc...

Post by bernyleung » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:33 am

Standard bead craft boxes with plastic dividers. Cheap and does the job.

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:38 pm

This thread might find this one useful: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7247&start=130 (scroll down a few posts).

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 pm

astolat wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:23 pm
I've been using 3 tier small plastic boxes like these -- I got mine at a flying tiger store locally but it's the same design. It works well because you can turn the box around and see instantly what's in each compartment, and you can shift the trays from one to box to another. I can fit surprisingly large numbers of things into each compartment without a lot of wasted space.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01NAVNEO8/ ... =UTF8&th=1
Nice! Those look pretty cool.

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:23 pm

I've been using 3 tier small plastic boxes like these -- I got mine at a flying tiger store locally but it's the same design. It works well because you can turn the box around and see instantly what's in each compartment, and you can shift the trays from one to box to another. I can fit surprisingly large numbers of things into each compartment without a lot of wasted space.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01NAVNEO8/ ... =UTF8&th=1

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:53 pm

really like the trays for the iris boxes - hopefully i can find a few of those locally - thanks for the heads up
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Yeah, I'm not worried about the tiles themselves. I have a couple of Ikea Alex cabinets that I have that stuff in (and some other plastic bins I used prior to that sitting in a closet somewhere). I'm mainly talking about tables, chairs, fireplaces, church pews, beds, graveyards, crypts, carpets, bookshelves, dear god what have I done there are so many little tiny things everywhere! ;P

zenako
Orc
Orc

Post by zenako » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Well plastic boxes are only for the little stuff. For the main DF stuff and all that tonnage, I use a full strength steel tool cabinet. Each of the ten drawers is rated for 50 or 100lbs of load capacity. It is a nice one with a hardwood worktop so it looks nice in the game room. Since it is on 6" rubber wheels, it can roll off into the corner behind the stairs when not needed and comes to that table when we need/want to build stuff.

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Huh, I didn't think about loose pluck foam *in* the Alex cabinets. I will have to wait til I get my KSV stuff and see how much room I have left over.

But it looks like pluck foam and plastic boxes are still the most common way. I guess I just need to expand my collection and start organizing. Thanks everyone!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 pm

At the moment all our Dwarvenite is stuffed into whatever box or orifice was empty at the time:

That was to be fair a very temporary solution ;)
They are now mostly in plastic Drawers and Useful boxes

The last contains 2 Erinthor mountain sets + add-ons
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Orc
Orc

Post by zenako » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:20 am

For "fiddly bits" and small stuff I have various plastic boxes. One box for stuff like pillars and structural elements. another box for furniture (tables, bookcases, desks, alters, and anything like that). Another box for things like wagons and siege engines. Another box for water elements and walls and fences. Almost all of this is ether dwarvenite, or plastic items. So far I do not have much in the way of really breakable stuff, which makes storage far less of a headache. For all the really small stuff (like plates of food or table top items) I have a multi compartment sort of like the one Unclebilly posted to store that stuff so it is easier to find.