Water Tile Conspiracy Theory

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Re: Water Tile Conspiracy Theory

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Sorry to burst the bubble, but it is just water terrain trays with trifecta ledges. Word is still out on the moon landing and area 51.
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

jls304
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jls304 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am

Pizzabagel wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:51 am
I think those are ledge/trifecta ledge pieces over a water terrain tray, even on the near side. But I could be mistaken....hmmm.
I think you are right. I can clearly see the height change. They just added edge/chasm pieces
along the edge of the water.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

Looking at the folks behind the table I also see that some of the Critical Role folks stopped by the DF location to see stuff and meet the folks behind the stuff. (Most of them also met at GenCON) but I assume that was a more hectic and rushed conversation on the con floor.

As for tiles, those actually look to me like 12x12 terrain trays with two different water designs on them. I think I spot some of the edge pieces along that front side, you might be looking at the back side of edge pieces for that lagoon. I see no tile separations other than the one large one under the two headed croc!

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:51 am

I think those are ledge/trifecta ledge pieces over a water terrain tray, even on the near side. But I could be mistaken....hmmm.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 pm

OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Water Tile Conspiracy Theory

Post by MrMorden » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Okay, so I saw the image below on Twitter. At first I thought that the shoreline was water terrain trays. But if you look closely, it looks like there is a thick edge where the water stops...like tile thickness. It almost looks like some kind of 4"x4" tropical water tile. Of course like all good UFO/Bigfoot/Nessie pictures, it's just baaaaarely too blurry to tell anything for sure...

Let the conspiracy theories begin!

Return to “Gaming Talk”