Sci-Fi Kickstarter

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
ZayrZas
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Sci-Fi Kickstarter

Post by ZayrZas » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:45 am

Another Ender 3 here. I bought the kit for $180 on AliExpress. Assembly was easy enough but there are plenty of YouTube videos that you can watch before and see if it's to much work for you.
Print quality is awesome for the price tag.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:28 am

For a printer, it depends on what you want. If money is tight and you are willing to do a bit more setup and tweaking, the Creality Ender 3 is very popular and what I have currently, it's aboit $225 on Amazon.

If you have more money and want something that is self-leveling and has other nice features, the Prusa Mk3 is awesome. It's about $750 for a quickbuild kit (don't be intimidated -- it's easy), or about $950 fully built and ready to run.

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:27 am

Thanks for the heads up! It looks pretty good, and so I think I'm going to be in for the collector as well.

Any rec for a printer? I bought one a few years ago for terrain (the fat dragon stuff), but it didn't really work out well... And I don't suppose there's color 3d printing sufficient to not need painting yet?

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 am

I missed the first two KS, but I corrected that oversight by selecting the "Collector" pledge level this time, that gets you all the new stuff and stretch goals, plus access to everything they have created up until this point. It will take a long time to print a reasonable amount of these pieces, but the final outcome will be a setup for start to finish sci-fi gaming, which is pretty exciting.

Also, the KS creator is giving backers a lot of input into how ships are laid out inside, what stretch goals they want, etc...which is very nice and gives a sense of personal investment.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 pm

I am in. These ships are so cool. I was in his first KS and bought one of the commissions. I had him make the 5"x5" x-corridor to assemble 5"×5" modules for Battlestations plus the little 2"×2" microfighter. I just need to get my 3D printer running again.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:37 am

I posted about that in another thread. If you have a basic 3d printer or can afford the $200 for one, you can basically get all the scifi terrain you'd likely need for $225 with that KS. Unless/until DF makes more scifi pieces, this is the best deal out there IMO.
Last edited by MrMorden on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Sci-Fi Kickstarter

Post by Runeweaver » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Ok, for you Sci-Fi nuts (meant with the deepest of respect to you freaks), there is a pretty cool kickstarter going on for 28mm. Just a heads up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2n ... =discovery

Return to “Gaming Talk”