DwF Purchases: Woodland Set $285

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: DwF Purchases: Woodland Set $285

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:20 am

I asked about the numbered authenticity cards and the new sets do not have them (i got a woodland and rota set) . It is worth noting that the newer sets are all within the advertised limited edition production limits (i asked that as well.)

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:15 am

My recent ROTA brown-box purchases had no certificates.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 am

pacarat wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:19 am
Did these brown box sets come with the “limited edition” card in them?

My three are all white box, with a card that states “# of 1500”.
My two sets from the recent restock did not.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:19 am

Did these brown box sets come with the “limited edition” card in them?

My three are all white box, with a card that states “# of 1500”.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:09 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:03 pm
Thanks for clearing that up. Since you own one of each, did you notice any significant difference in the paint schemes between the two sets?
The colors are very, very close, but there seems to be a bit less care in applying it accurately to each feature on the newer set. When laid down in a set-up together, there is not much visible difference, just when inspecting them in good light with my 'readers' on. Yes, I'm old. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:03 pm

William wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:10 pm
I own one of each. Just to confirm. There are foam inserts in the newer boxes, they are just not as refined and the top cover sits over the whole foam section, rather than fitting nicely into an indent. This kind-of means you need the cardboard box, where the older styrofoam tray and top made there own "box". Even still I kept all boxes and foam trays, so I'm the household storage glutton. ;)
Thanks for clearing that up. Since you own one of each, did you notice any significant difference in the paint schemes between the two sets?
"Initial success or total failure"

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:10 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:47 pm
... If I recall, the Woodland sets that were recently released were in regular brown corrugated boxes without the foam inserts (think KS boxes). If this is true, a 'purist' would want an original release in a white box with the foam inserts. ...
I own one of each. Just to confirm. There are foam inserts in the newer boxes, they are just not as refined and the top cover sits over the whole foam section, rather than fitting nicely into an indent. This kind-of means you need the cardboard box, where the older styrofoam tray and top made there own "box". Even still I kept all boxes and foam trays, so I'm the household storage glutton. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:47 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:26 am
I agree on price for something years past. But the woodlands sets where available at the store back in October 2018 so only a few months ago(as a restock). So your only looking at a 3 month gap with a $130 add on to the price. Again it comes down to what your willing to pay for it. Just as easy you can pay $100 for something then years later get it for next to nothing.
There are a couple other things to consider as well for 'collectors'. If I recall, the Woodland sets that were recently released were in regular brown corrugated boxes without the foam inserts (think KS boxes). If this is true, a 'purist' would want an original release in a white box with the foam inserts. Additionally, the condition of the set will adjust the price as well. Is it used? Is it new and unopened? For those who just trash the boxes it's not a big deal however for those who use and collect, these things can up the value.

I would like to have one or two sets of these someday and when the time comes, I would look for the original release boxes, not the new one. Just personal preference.
"Initial success or total failure"

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:43 pm

On Ebay they seem to go up to the best price fairly often.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:33 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:26 am
MrMorden wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:12 am
Comparing price of what somerhing sold for new several years ago vs. what it costs now ($130+ difference stated) is not really valid. Inflation is a thing, as is scarcity. If you get anywhere close to a retail price from years past, the seller left money on the table.
I agree on price for something years past. But the woodlands sets where available at the store back in October 2018 so only a few months ago(as a restock). So your only looking at a 3 month gap with a $130 add on to the price. Again it comes down to what your willing to pay for it. Just as easy you can pay $100 for something then years later get it for next to nothing.
Ah, I didn’t realize they were so recently in stock. That changes things somewhat. Price will bacisally come down to how hard they are to find then I suppose.

Return to “Gaming Talk”