Fog Monster 2

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Fog Monster 2

Post by unclebilly » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:41 am

I went in big with the first KS. I have all 3 types offered with all the extras and lots of the pipes and fittings. No small order or amount of money put into it. My order was missing a few of the fittings when shipped so I got back with them on it. Instead of sending them to me I was giving a refund of the money I payed for them and then a link to "Buy them myself" at a higher cost then what I was going to get them for in the KS. It is the little things that show me what a company is made of. With the lack of proper customer support is what will make me stop dealing with someone and I have now. I guess Dwarven Forge's customer support has spoiled me now ;)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:32 am

I'm hesitant. It has a small area of effect. I think I would want something in the middle of this and the fog monster.

This seems more like a fumarole, water fountain, or dragon's cave entrance to me. Something tied to a small area of terrain.

It's totally different than fog monster, but I guess that's why it's not sharing the name exactly.

Both have their uses. I just have a hard time thinking how to make it not gimmicky.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:50 am

I will have to look at that one. The big one was too much for me, but the little one might work.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:02 pm

If they really do not get condensation that would be a huge bonus to that version for me. So gonna keep an eye on this one when the KS launches.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 pm

I love the burst mode and how much simpler setup/tear down appears to be.

I'm also excited by the claim of less condensation, although I want to see more examples of that (run it continuously for 10 minutes with some paper towels or even just DF terrain and see how much condensation builds up).

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Oh wow - that looks amazing! I was about to order a Fog Monster, but now I think I'll hold off and see what's on offer on this campaign!

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Fog Monster 2

Post by GardenDM » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:17 pm

They haven't launched the KS yet, but did just put up an exciting preview of their new "Steam Pod". It's essentially a battery powered mini Fog Monster that can be more easily integrated into terrain and builds.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... ts/2439447

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qERuh2ltQjk

I didn't think they'd be able to tempt me back with upgrades / additions to the Fog Monster, but this is very compelling...

Return to “Gaming Talk”