Monster Fight Club - Trees

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Monster Fight Club - Trees

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:29 am

Those look awesome. I am eagerly awaiting mine. Thanks for the post with both the MFC and DF trees. I was wondering how they will look together. 😀

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:56 am

I have some pretty good sized plastic totes with lots of overflow dwarvenite in them. For example you can seriously dense pack streets and sidewalks into a 12"x18"x6" tote. I have many of the special environments in totes like that or Bigger. I have recently emptied out some space on top of the file cabinets so there is space to put lighter containers up there if I need to and forests seem like a good option. Even the DH forests totes are not too heavy given that you cannot pack them super tight.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:21 am

zenako wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:18 am
For storage, it will be interesting to see how well the canopies can stack and reduce volume. From the pictures, I have some hope. also with the trees being relatively light when compared to DF terrain, putting these in a bin on top of cabinets does not present an ergonomic threat to my health. Really do not plan on putting 30lb boxes of dwarvenite on top of 5 drawer files cabinets. Dense pack a medium to large plastic tote with DF tiles and the weight becomes significant... :cry: :shock: I might even weigh them this week when moving some of them around.
The canopies do stack, if you have a lot you can put them one over another and make a big stack. Of course this way the stack gets higher, so it would not fit in a drawer vertically. But, for example, putting them on top of a cabinet you could store all the canopies in a very tight horizontal space.

Everything is also quite light. I got a War Pledge (15 sets) it arrived in 2 big boxes, but they were very light (I picked up both and carried them 3 floors up without any effort).

You surely can put these items on top of other cabinets, they are light.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:18 am

For storage, it will be interesting to see how well the canopies can stack and reduce volume. From the pictures, I have some hope. also with the trees being relatively light when compared to DF terrain, putting these in a bin on top of cabinets does not present an ergonomic threat to my health. Really do not plan on putting 30lb boxes of dwarvenite on top of 5 drawer files cabinets. Dense pack a medium to large plastic tote with DF tiles and the weight becomes significant... :cry: :shock: I might even weigh them this week when moving some of them around.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:38 am

Thanks for posting! These will be my first (and for now only) trees - so I'm super eager to get them in!

Of course I've had to cancel my in person game until further notice, so that does take the shine off a bit.

Those alex drawers look great for storing, though! I ordered enough for 12 trees of any color (only 6 in the pink). Gonna be moving in a few months, so once that's done it may be time for me make the leap and reinforce a couple units!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:05 pm

They do indeed look pretty good alongside the DF scatter and trees.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:53 pm

hmmmm, just makes me more anxious to get mine....especially with all this unexpected time on my hands to play with them and try things out... :D

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:27 pm

8-) 8-) 8-) :!: z
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:28 am

Finally, a comparison of trees. In the first pictures I put together DF, MT, some Schleich and a couple of the Amazon/Chinese ones.
Then a couple of DF with the more normal colors, and with the more exotic blue and pink.

MT_DF_5.jpg
MT_DF_5.jpg (127.18 KiB) Viewed 256 times
MT_DF_6.jpg
MT_DF_6.jpg (150.47 KiB) Viewed 256 times
MT_DF_7.jpg
MT_DF_7.jpg (147.49 KiB) Viewed 256 times
MT_DF_8.jpg
MT_DF_8.jpg (129.84 KiB) Viewed 256 times
MT_DF_9.jpg
MT_DF_9.jpg (137.06 KiB) Viewed 256 times
MT_DF_0.jpg
MT_DF_0.jpg (128.1 KiB) Viewed 256 times

My personal favorite of all: the Bridges and Barricades set. I'm sure I'll use those everywhere.
I hope this can be useful for some of you - or just for the sake of curiosity :-)

Cheers!

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:26 am

Now some comparisons between MT rocks and DF Erinthor.
As you see the painting is quite a bit lighter than DF pieces, so if you're picky you might want to darken it; for me, they are fine together (also, I will not necessarily use them all side by side, just on the same scene in different places, so the contrast should not be too steep).

MT_DF_1.jpg
MT_DF_1.jpg (149.4 KiB) Viewed 259 times
MT_DF_2.jpg
MT_DF_2.jpg (146.73 KiB) Viewed 259 times
MT_DF_3.jpg
MT_DF_3.jpg (152.26 KiB) Viewed 259 times
MT_DF_4.jpg
MT_DF_4.jpg (142.53 KiB) Viewed 259 times

Return to “Gaming Talk”