Axe N Shield Terrain Risers KS

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Axe N Shield Terrain Risers KS

Post by NiandoBG » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:59 pm

I totally agree.

A timeline would be nice how long it will take to deliver all backers.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:02 am

Yeah the second update they put out to quench the firestorm was a lot better. I just hope they take some time every week to keep us updated; that's all I'm asking for right now. I'm not worried about getting my stuff anymore, I just want to know what to expect.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:31 am

I went pretty deep on this one. I wanted a strong mix of platforms to allow for underwater & at sea combat, and I also wanted to be able to do some layer-cake builds.

For the update, in general, I'm encouraged by it. I'd say slightly frustrating communication is worlds better than no communication. I would have been happier if there had been a mea culpa, or even an actual explanation as to why there has been no communication. Specifically, I found this a little irksome:

"Honestly, any lack of communication is NOT being done intentionally." Oh, that's good to know! Maybe they lost their login info or something? "We are an already established company with orders to build and fill at the same time as building and fulfilling Kickstarter orders." Oh. So it WAS done intentionally. You prioritized other things over communicating with your backers. That's pretty much what I had already assumed happened, but pretending it's somehow out of your hands is a bit rich.

Overall, though, it looks like they have a genuine change in behavior, and have been doing a lot of work to prove it today. I suspect it may be a couple months before I actually get my shipment, but at least I'm no longer worried it may be a total loss.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:50 pm

I don't know if I can complete the order or if it would be honored, but I can still log into the Pledge Manager and adjust my cart.

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:13 pm

I was as very surprised about the update, too.
First of all I guess we can be grateful to get an update and that they are still working on the delivery. It could be worse...

But I’m sitting in the same boat as you. Due to lack of communication my trust into the delivery was not very high.

E.g they didn’t close the pledemanger officially... or did I just miss this?
In there Update from November they said, that it will be open till early December 2019.

I interpret the update in a way that they regret to do the Kickstarter and are just happy when it’s over. They try to get it done as fast as possible without looking into the future and do not anticipate future sales by the backers.

I assume it is a lot of work done manually by themselves and the margin is almost nothing. I guess the motivation to fulfill it is not high based on low profit and the huge amount of work.

I wish them all the best and patiently wait to get my pledge reward.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Yikes! Not awesome.

I was originally a $100 backer, but dropped to $1 prior to campaign end because none of the use examples given by AnS ever appealed to me and I couldn't figure it out myself. And then post-campaign end the communication and schedule issues started, so I held off on completing the Pledge Manager just to see what would happen next and also to see how people started using the stuff once they had it.

Needless to say, I'm still waiting to complete the PM and may continue to do so for some time...

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Latest update is out.

Looks like asking for open communication and proof things are shipping (when shipping supposedly started the last week of December and only 1-2 people since then have posted anything about rewards being shipped out) are unreasonable requests.

I want to buy more from the creators (and use my credit from the KS rewards) but their tone in this last update really irked me. I fell less like a backer and more of a resource that was exploited. :(

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ax ... ts/2735852

And the part saying they're only 7 months since the end of the KS is BS. Most KS take a long time to fulfill due to the stuff being made in China, shipping to the US, and then shipping to the backers. Being made in the US to a primarily US customer base should speed up getting the stuff in our hands. I get they're not a highly tuned factory, but still, the point they try to make is flat. They told us during the campaign they were already starting on production to get a head start. They also appear to be frustrated with the number of options for SKUs they have and seem to project it on the backers. :(

I'm a frustrated backer. Can you tell?

Edit - I'd like to say I do want the company to succeed. I feel there is tension on both sides of this kickstarter. They bit off more than I feel they could chew in my opinion and poor communication with the issues they have faced have caused frustration. I don't mean to complain for complaint's sake. I am just frustrated.
Last edited by AnimeSensei on Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:23 pm

hunter_something wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:23 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 am
hunter_something wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:39 pm
Yeah I am very excited to get this in. Especially since I had an idea the other day that it would be perfect for:

Oak Island One Shot - 100' Dig of the Money Pit :)
That game would last forever! And cost more gold than would be dug up!
COULD IT BE!? The hunt for the bobby dazzlers is on!

I was thinking of running it over a nerd retreat weekend... Running it multiple times set in different decades - but swearing each party to secrecy as to what traps have/haven't been triggered, and what treasure may or may not have been recovered.
The only problem is any top pocket finds are still likely only worth a few gold at maximum. :) haha

I can see it being a fun idea, especially if you include ghosts of dead treasure hunters; the later the time period, the more ghosts.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:23 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 am
hunter_something wrote:
Yeah I am very excited to get this in. Especially since I had an idea the other day that it would be perfect for:

COULD IT BE!? The hunt for the bobby dazzlers is on!

I was thinking of running it over a nerd retreat weekend... Running it multiple times set in different decades - but swearing each party to secrecy as to what traps have/haven't been triggered, and what treasure may or may not have been recovered.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 am

hunter_something wrote:

Return to “Gaming Talk”