Axe N Shield Terrain Risers KS

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Axe N Shield Terrain Risers KS

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 am

This one looks cool but I was never going to get it. I was saving for a June KS but did a kinda big DF order, well am still in the middle of doing it actually. I hope to have some to spend in June, July or August. Gotta love the month or more wait between buying with a CC and paying the CC back.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 am

We are getting off the fence on this one and saving our carrots for a nifty little Kickstarter starting in june sometime ;)

We like the idea of floating terrain, large floating terrain but feel we can get what we need at the time we decide we need it.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon May 20, 2019 12:36 pm

Looks like some of the stands on display
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon May 20, 2019 10:55 am

I've still dialing in my pledge. Wish it could be a bit cheaper, but I'm feeling the prices are reasonable now. (Though I dread my shipping bill, know that's going to be expensive).

Currently looking at 7 12x24s. With 28 6 inch, 28 4 inch and 28 adapters (rounding up to bundle sizes as needed). 3 Bridge Packs. And 1 set each of 2x2, 4x4, and 2" posts.

So I can handle a party worth of flying PCs on stands along with some oversized creatures. At basically all 2" increment heights.

7 12x24s allow for two layers of 2' by 3', with one extra for either a larger lower layer or a small extra top layer. Can also go 3 high 2x2. So feels like a nice bit of flexibility.

If the 8" or 12" posts get unlocked its a tough decision if I switch to them. If the 24x24s get unlocked I think I would get two of those and only 3 of the 12x24. (Same area, slightly less fiddly)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 am

I'm also finding myself doubting whether this is something I want or need, in any configuration. I was excited by the initial concept, but the only clear picture of how I might want to use this with DF comes from pictures by IO and I have no idea at this point if this KS will help me do things like that.

I really love the vibe of the creators from their video and wish them the best of success. It may just be that this is a product for someone else and I'm not the intended audience.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon May 20, 2019 1:32 am

I'm still on the fence.

With KS1, it seemed like Stefan and [redacted] ;) knew what everyone wanted and each stretch goal was something to get excited for. With A&S, it seems like we're coaching them into what we are looking for and I don't know if the customers (at least here on this forum) are 100% in sync with what A&S is thinking of.

Maybe it's just me. I wish they had a large terrain risers pack that was less fiddly than the Hammered pledge.

I want to be able to do layer options and not have a ton of smaller bits I won't use as often. It's all about buying just what I need and not a lot of extra, as what I need is pretty specific. Large platforms, medium platforms, and a handful of small ones, with risers that can help me make builds from 2" to 12" with minimal effort and that will protect my resin pieces if I use them on the layers. I don't want something I worry about.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon May 20, 2019 1:06 am

P.S. I saw your reply to my comment on the Kickstarter... but you didn't address my points about value at all. Which it isn't your KS, I don't think, so I don't expect you to... I think. ;)

Maybe I'm alone in my concerns.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon May 20, 2019 1:03 am

HammeredDan wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:21 pm
For folks on the fence, this KS truly reminds me of DFKS1, when they listened to the backers. Great things came out today.

Here is the verbiage, worth a read especially for those on the fence and for those who are already a part of this, it just got a hole lot better.

"Pencils Sharpened
I have written and rewritten this message at least a dozen times. I have tried to find the words to clearly communicate just how much every little bit of support that has been shown, really means to us, to me, while still being able to address some of the concerns that we are seeing from some backers, or potential backers.

The best I can come up with is simply the truth. With this project we are fully committing ourselves to this Kickstarter and all that it means. We know there are some campaigns, especially surrounding the terrain that we all love, that operate as pre-orders and provide discounts towards eventual release products. However, this KS is a true crowd funding campaign. It is NOT a pre-order blue-light special. We are looking to solve the problems that have eluded our tables for a long time, while also helping the community to see our full spectrum.

While products are obviously offered in this campaign, what you are funding is the dream of fellow gamers and terrain enthusiasts. We aren't just out to sell terrain risers; we are reaching to change the entire production model of our company. We have a very lofty goal, that if reached, will change our product and your builds in fantastic ways.

If we meet these goals, we will be able to move away from a number of the labor intensive processes we currently use, to an injection molded design that will lower our production costs and greatly increase our design capabilities. This means more affordable expansion options and more customization features. A more secure base, better tiered builds, longer and larger platforms and towers. Most importantly, it means that every product you pledge for in this Kickstarter will be upgraded in potential, piece count, and value.

With that said and based upon our total faith in our Backers…and the belief that the commitment and adaptability which we have already shown, will be reciprocated in kind, there are new as well as released pricing listed on the main campaign page. The pricing reflects what we’ll be able to do with the injection molding. We have spent days working to sharpen our pencils to the finest point possible, in good faith and trust. We want to build this company along with the community. That community consists NOT just of Terrain Builders, but many many gamers that use terrain to varying degrees and many that do not, but want to elevate other elements of their gaming space. We are not wanting to exclude anyone. That is a large part of why you see the ability to get into this KS at such low funding levels.

This is our dream; this is our goal. This isn't a pre-order for something that is just a little different than you have now, it's breaking the mold, together and innovating the product so that you can maximize your builds and embrace our shared passion.

So, we are going all in, we believe in our product and goals, and we hope that you will too.

-Chris, Nancy and the whole AxeNshield Team"
I'm not seeing it Dan. Am I TOTALLY missing something? What was so great that came out today?

A slight drop in tower pricing. That's it. Has the KS been responding to what people are asking for as far as 12 x 24 and 24x24, larger towers? Yes. The larger towers were a no brainer that should have been there from the beginning. The larger platforms, it is cool that they have been added.

But the price changes weren't even implemented into the pledge levels. I posted a large comment about this in the kickstarter update...

What am I missing here Dan? I'm not trying to be a debbie downer... so, what am I missing?

HammeredDan
Kobold
Kobold

Post by HammeredDan » Sat May 18, 2019 7:21 pm

For folks on the fence, this KS truly reminds me of DFKS1, when they listened to the backers. Great things came out today.

Here is the verbiage, worth a read especially for those on the fence and for those who are already a part of this, it just got a hole lot better.

"Pencils Sharpened
I have written and rewritten this message at least a dozen times. I have tried to find the words to clearly communicate just how much every little bit of support that has been shown, really means to us, to me, while still being able to address some of the concerns that we are seeing from some backers, or potential backers.

The best I can come up with is simply the truth. With this project we are fully committing ourselves to this Kickstarter and all that it means. We know there are some campaigns, especially surrounding the terrain that we all love, that operate as pre-orders and provide discounts towards eventual release products. However, this KS is a true crowd funding campaign. It is NOT a pre-order blue-light special. We are looking to solve the problems that have eluded our tables for a long time, while also helping the community to see our full spectrum.

While products are obviously offered in this campaign, what you are funding is the dream of fellow gamers and terrain enthusiasts. We aren't just out to sell terrain risers; we are reaching to change the entire production model of our company. We have a very lofty goal, that if reached, will change our product and your builds in fantastic ways.

If we meet these goals, we will be able to move away from a number of the labor intensive processes we currently use, to an injection molded design that will lower our production costs and greatly increase our design capabilities. This means more affordable expansion options and more customization features. A more secure base, better tiered builds, longer and larger platforms and towers. Most importantly, it means that every product you pledge for in this Kickstarter will be upgraded in potential, piece count, and value.

With that said and based upon our total faith in our Backers…and the belief that the commitment and adaptability which we have already shown, will be reciprocated in kind, there are new as well as released pricing listed on the main campaign page. The pricing reflects what we’ll be able to do with the injection molding. We have spent days working to sharpen our pencils to the finest point possible, in good faith and trust. We want to build this company along with the community. That community consists NOT just of Terrain Builders, but many many gamers that use terrain to varying degrees and many that do not, but want to elevate other elements of their gaming space. We are not wanting to exclude anyone. That is a large part of why you see the ability to get into this KS at such low funding levels.

This is our dream; this is our goal. This isn't a pre-order for something that is just a little different than you have now, it's breaking the mold, together and innovating the product so that you can maximize your builds and embrace our shared passion.

So, we are going all in, we believe in our product and goals, and we hope that you will too.

-Chris, Nancy and the whole AxeNshield Team"

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat May 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Looks like they have it together and things have settled down on the page.

The 12x24 by 1/4 trays have unlocked. The six inch towers are next at 45k. At 50k the 24x24 platforms are unlocked along with the 8 inch towers. 10 and 12 inch towers unlock at 55k.

There was some hinting at opening a new pledge level at the 50k mark...

Return to “Gaming Talk”