Kingmaker 10th Anniversary Editions for Pathfinder 1E, 2E and 5E D&D

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Calsial
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Kingmaker 10th Anniversary Editions for Pathfinder 1E, 2E and 5E D&D

Post by Calsial » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:29 pm

Just a heads up for anyone still thinking about Kingmaker or was previously on the fence about it as it is now in the final hours for its campaign.

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Thu May 09, 2019 11:49 am

I ran this campaign a few years ago, and my players really enjoyed it, although we never finished the very last chapter. It had a lot of creative ideas.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Just to compare however, if you were to buy the 6 existing PF1 PDFs for the full AP it would be $84. Not counting any of the additional content they may add, or the companion guide.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 08, 2019 5:38 pm

$50 for just PDFs seems a little much for me. I'll wait until it's released and goes on sale at some point.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed May 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Yes, but on the flip side, its much, much hard to change your pledge around (refunding credit card/involving customer service). It was also something like ~10 clicks to add an add-on after the original pledge. Compared to ~3 in KS. With some of the 10 clicks being delayed, hunting around the screen to see where to go after adding an add-on to get back to the checkout page.

But I'm definitely a backer and fan... Spymaster, plus one copy of the non-special edition cover versions of both books, both 1e and 5e bestiaries, and the pawns now. (Just finished GMing the Kingmaker AP last weekend, will be excited to run it again sometime in the future).

Calsial
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Calsial » Wed May 08, 2019 12:51 pm

I wasn't sure why they didn't go Kickstarter either, but they did throw this up in their FAQ that explains the reasoning:

Why are you using Game On Tabletop?

Paizo has been partners with the team behind Game On Tabletop for years, and we've watched the development of this gamer-focused crowdfunding platform for some time. We've seen other campaigns migrate over to Game On Tabletop to manage the back end of the campaign as well, and it just made sense of us to leverage the same platform for both launch and the back end.

I was very fortunate to have accidently stumbled upon this as a pre-launch announcement while I was looking through reddit about to see if anyone had attempted a Pathfinder Kingmaker to D&D 5E conversion, otherwise, ya I had never heard of Game On Tabletop before. I will give it that it is neat that you buy your add-ons right in the program itself. So Paizo is right in saying its like doing the pledge manager part of the backend right away and then removing that step later.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed May 08, 2019 9:43 am

I'm backing, was watching it go live yesterday. Wished they had used Kickstarter though. Game On feels like KS of ~4 years ago in terms of QoL. And wish they had some options/tiers above Ruler but below fly to Seattle for experiences.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Wed May 08, 2019 9:13 am

Thanks for sharing! I might never have come across this, since I'm almost always stalking the halls of Kickstarter, and haven't backed anything on Game On Tabletop before. Until this morning, that is!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed May 08, 2019 8:20 am

Thanks for posting, but i have yet to be dragged kicking and screaming past 4E.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Calsial
Goblin
Goblin

Kingmaker 10th Anniversary Editions for Pathfinder 1E, 2E and 5E D&D

Post by Calsial » Tue May 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Paizo just launched their crowdfunding for the 10th Anniversary Editions for Kingmaker. The interesting part is that they are designing it to also work for D&D 5E which may be of interest to a number of folk here as the Kingmaker Adventure Path is one of Paizo's best.

https://www.gameontabletop.com/cf194/ki ... rsary.html

Return to “Gaming Talk”