Stefan's new kickstarter

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Stefan's new kickstarter

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:02 pm

But you could have a cool shield with Stefan riding a jumbo jet :)

But still no
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:38 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:45 pm
natetaylor wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:54 pm
Although they share the same initials, the DF (Destination Fantastic) kickstarter is not a DF (Dwarven Forge) project. This is wholly a Stefan solo adventure - he's creating Destination Fantastic with his own independent team.

All of us in the DF crew are busy with our heads down in Caverns Deep, Hellscape, and the upcoming Plaguestone project (not to mention KS7 development!). As much as we'd love to be running another KS, our plates are currently pretty damn full.

We're rooting for Stefan and are backers ourselves, but aren't involved beyond that. And we are certainly looking forward to seeing the first episode (not to mention the terrain and minis he has planned).

Now we're crossing our stumpy little dwarven fingers that they can fund the project and produce a cool show!
So you're saying no forum badge for backing?
Please no...

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Didn't think about that. Hmmm :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:45 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:54 pm
Although they share the same initials, the DF (Destination Fantastic) kickstarter is not a DF (Dwarven Forge) project. This is wholly a Stefan solo adventure - he's creating Destination Fantastic with his own independent team.

All of us in the DF crew are busy with our heads down in Caverns Deep, Hellscape, and the upcoming Plaguestone project (not to mention KS7 development!). As much as we'd love to be running another KS, our plates are currently pretty damn full.

We're rooting for Stefan and are backers ourselves, but aren't involved beyond that. And we are certainly looking forward to seeing the first episode (not to mention the terrain and minis he has planned).

Now we're crossing our stumpy little dwarven fingers that they can fund the project and produce a cool show!
So you're saying no forum badge for backing?
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:54 pm

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:56 pm

I unfortunately had the same idea. I wish them luck but I think this needs to be funded another way.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:42 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:35 pm
... Makes me feel more like I am helping someone pay for there travels and vacation :lol: ...
This floated through my grey matter too. :lol: Pass. :|
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 pm

zenako wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:22 pm
At some level this seems like an idea that sprang to life during a late night at a convention after many beverages had been consumed.
Hahah yea.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:22 pm

At some level this seems like an idea that sprang to life during a late night at a convention after many beverages had been consumed. Not sure what most of the backers really get. It is not like there are not already videos of most of those places, just not with these two front and center. It is somewhat disappointing that they also did not already have all the rewards created so that they could be hyped or promoted from day 1. (However that seems to be a legacy of DF KS planning.) With their current backing rate, they might be able to hit the funding level, but that seems somewhat questionable, and even more so when you note that there is one backer at the $9K level that makes up a huge part of the backing $$$ so far.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Going to pass on this one. I just put in 4k on KS6.66. I am sure they are having a great time but I for one don't really see a need for a video like this. Makes me feel more like I am helping someone pay for there travels and vacation :lol: I hope they where not thinking if Crtical Role can make that much I am sure we can do just as well ;) Best of luck to them.

Return to “Gaming Talk”