I Bow to the Lights!

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: I Bow to the Lights!

Post by lostpict » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm

I have treasured the lights since the resin catacombs. I especially like the mood setting ambience of the torches in the CBS and Castle bits. I have largely skipped the lighted bits since the castle, but do think they are loverly.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 pm

I decided to drop the Cerberus partly as it was so expensive with lights. It would be cool once or twice to light him up, but not often enough.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 am

Love all our dwarvenite but still get an extra wow when I turn on any leds

So many led fans here.

We do not need them but rabbit do they light up the game :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:12 pm
I both like the lights and dislike them. They can really add to the look of a build but I really hate when a sculpt is only made in a lighted option because it increases the cost significantly and or makes it harder to get.
I totally understand the "increases the cost significantly", but I'm lost on the "harder to get". Do you have a specific piece in mind to help make it concrete for me?
I imagine if the Eldritch Obelisk was not LED it would be easier to get more of them, then again the Idol of Sysuul might still be just as rare, even if it was not LED.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:44 pm

Overall I would prefer if there were no LEDS. They are cool to look at, but I just hate paying the extra price for them. Not only the electronics, but the extra molds they have to make to create the piece(the LED door if nothing else, but the hollow dwarvenite must be harder) but also the labor to put each and every one together.

Same with minis, I just cannot escape the thought that the prices paid for regular pieces are helping to pay for the special pieces.

Regular meaning just hunks of dwarvenite produced in mass volume.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:19 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:12 pm
I both like the lights and dislike them. They can really add to the look of a build but I really hate when a sculpt is only made in a lighted option because it increases the cost significantly and or makes it harder to get.
I totally understand the "increases the cost significantly", but I'm lost on the "harder to get". Do you have a specific piece in mind to help make it concrete for me?

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:12 pm

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:23 am

That option is in the Caverns Deep set.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:33 am

The next step in lights for me would be if they could add a remote control to them. It would be awesome to have something set up then be able to hit a button and have things light up.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:11 am

I was never interested in any of the LED pieces .. until I started building a few into my set-ups. I too am a convert! Now I can swap in green LEDs, purple, or just "natural" torch style LEDs. My players love them, and it really does spruce up the builds. I find myself finding a way to get some lighted parts into builds all the time. What really sold me on them was all the great pictures shared here in the forums ... which don't compare to seeing them even in person!

LED fan right here. I don't own any castle stuff outside of a mountain set, but I did order a set of the LED torch posts ( or from city builder I can't recall) - you can just plop those down into any build!

Heres the first level of a Border/Signal tower : (with Lights! Much cooler with lights! :D )
IMG_0507.jpeg
IMG_0507.jpeg (183.17 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
IMG_0508.jpeg
IMG_0508.jpeg (172.4 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
IMG_0509.jpeg
IMG_0509.jpeg (152.05 KiB) Viewed 1426 times
IMG_0510.jpeg
IMG_0510.jpeg (170.07 KiB) Viewed 1426 times

Return to “Gaming Talk”