Lunesdargent workshop? - Egypt/Aztec tiles?

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Re: Lunesdargent workshop? - Egypt/Aztec tiles?

Post by AstroCat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks for the replies! I think we'd get some good use out of the sets but we have decided to wait for KS7 to see how much it is going to hurt before any big new buy ins.
But at some point, unless there is some other better "Egyptian" tiles, I could see getting them.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:08 pm

hunter_something wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 pm
hunter_something wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:00 pm
How tight are the gaps between pieces?

I was thinking, for the Egyptian ones, it would be cool to build them inside a low box on the tabletop, then pour sand around it to give the feel of a buried chamber. But if it would just pour sand into the build, that would be a little TOO buried...
https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... an#p165265
Nice - thanks for the link! I think my plan would work... but it would also be a looot of effort for something very niche...

My problem is simple: the more niche something is, the cooler I tend to find it.
That's because the more unique something is, the less people have seen it, and the cooler it becomes.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 pm
hunter_something wrote:

I was thinking, for the Egyptian ones, it would be cool to build them inside a low box on the tabletop, then pour sand around it to give the feel of a buried chamber. But if it would just pour sand into the build, that would be a little TOO buried...
Nice - thanks for the link! I think my plan would work... but it would also be a looot of effort for something very niche...

My problem is simple: the more niche something is, the cooler I tend to find it.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 pm

hunter_something wrote:

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:00 pm

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 pm

I have the Egyptian ones, unpainted. As has been said, they're super easy to paint.
Mine were also packed well, but they do need extra care in use. I've damaged a couple of them, though they were easy to glue back together and the crumbled sections around the breaks still look OK.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:47 pm

I have the Egyptian ones. They are easy to paint. Just dip the tiles in a mix of brown paint and water. (They have instructions on their website for the ratio) Try to avoid drips on top of tiles; I made that mistake. :( They look great after the dip.

They are not dwarvenite or even resin in regards to durability. They are definitely a granular plaster-like substance, though the creator says they are more durable, mine have had chipping and breakage. There are also sometimes casting bubbles.

I like mine but I have to be very careful with them. I did pledge for the Aztec kickstarter, but haven't received my stuff yet.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:42 pm

I picked up some from their recent KS (which actually delivered on time!). I got them prepainted, and that job was basically adequate. I am thinking of redoing them, so if you are good with some simple painting, I would get them unpainted so you can tailor the scheme to your preference. They did do an outstanding job of packing and shipping and nothing arrived with any bit of damage. Overall I was satisfied with the KS product and the price paid.

Keep in mind that the website tends to list everything in Canadian dollars which currently has a 1.31 to 1 exchange rate. So that $60 CD set is only about $46 US. Makes for a much better value proposition.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:47 pm

I have them... got them unpainted. They are very easy to paint using a very thin wash.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Lunesdargent workshop? - Egypt/Aztec tiles?

Post by AstroCat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:18 pm

Anyone own any of these? We are seriously consider getting some of the painted "Egyptian" themed tiles.

https://lunesdargentworkshop.com/

Return to “Gaming Talk”