WOW minis -- WOW, what a disappointment!

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 pm

I've since seen the starter in my FLGS as well. Disappointing. Still, if they were in scale, I'd probably pick up a few.

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:35 pm

I took a look at the ?Starter? /core set, (what everit is called) at my FLGS the other day... err uhm... the little Gnome thingy just seems to get lost on that base...

I didn't see any boosters but yeah, this will be easy to pass on...

Soooooo glad i don't care about WoW.
But i bought 2 demon web boosters, just to see them in person, and uhm... i'll post my thoughts on Demon web in that thread.

Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Yeah, I've been in lurker mode for a while now, but I never really left. I just haven't had time to post; lots of stuff going on. Got to get that silver and gold, after all!

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Garsnough, Yukon Cornelius is back!

I guess it makes sense seeing as it's almost christass time so the claymation guy is back..... ;) :D

Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:36 pm

That's a shame, L. I had planned to pick up a few after Christmas, but I might not bother. If it's as bad as you say, I'll just wait for the line to die off and pick them up cheap afterward.

Is there any way you could post some pics with DDM figs for comparison? I've been looking for size comparisons online and can't really find any.

Thanks,

Yukon

willypold
Orc
Orc

Post by willypold » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:52 pm

At least the clix bases have a function... What's the exact size by the way?

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:23 pm

OK -- now we knew these were going to be funkily scaled, and we knew they'd be pricey ($15 for three minis!!?!?) \

But -- seriously -- they kinda stink. I ordered about six or seven from an online place, just to check 'em out. They are around the same quality as Reaper's prepainted line. Far, far worse than the best DDM has to offer, and a million times worse than Rackham's prepainted stuff. Some of them are decent enough, but really for this price and to justify the stupid scale-up, these needed to be STUNNING. If I'm gonna pay $15 for three excessively large minis, they need to be the best minis on the table, you know? And these, frankly, just ain't. Plus, the stands are far clunkier, thicker, and harder to ignore than just about every other plastic base out there (except, of course, the MK clicky bases)

Not the worst minis I've ever seen, but given the fanfare, the popularity of the property, and the price.... decidedly a meh offering.

L

Return to “Gaming Talk”