Anyone else like boardgames?

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
THOTH
Orc
Orc

Post by THOTH » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:29 pm

I've taught the kids Kingmaker - which is an old fav. And we have been talking about starting up a game any day now (as we will be going to visit many of the castles and such this summer in the UK) - last played it a few months back. We do also play Risk (incl LOTR Risk) and Puerto Rico (great game)...and I've taught and played my youngest a number of games of Stratomatic Football (still the best). I'm a big fan of many of the older Avalon Hill board games and used to play them quite a bit - but not so much anymore (though my kids have expressed interest). I have a pretty extensive catalogue of them as well as a bunch of the old SPI and Victory Games. My favorites (and the ones we are potentially likely to play again in the near future) are Third Reich, Panzer Blitz/Leader, 1176, Wooden Ships and Iron Men and Richtofens War. And if only I could get the old wargamming gang together again (and find the time) I'd love to play some Diplomacy again (its been years). We talk about it quite a bit but it never seems to come about...we're much more likely to play poker these days or do a big stratomatic football tournament.

WillOH
Orc
Orc

Post by WillOH » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:36 am

I am also a fan of board games. Settlers, Carcassonne, Titan, Iron Dragon, Ticket 2 Ride, and Descent, (Talisman has not come out in quite a while) are some favorites. Currently working on Gobblet, Connect 4, Cathedral and Blockus with the kids (small steps).

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 pm

I wish they had the Seafarers expansion in 3D as well - I'd have gotten that one, too.
Make Mine Master Maze!

whitewind
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by whitewind » Sun May 31, 2009 2:40 pm

I own the 3D version also " got it in a crazy vacation purchase " but we've never played it. I read through the rules up to Knights and want to get the family into it. Heard great things about it.

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Sat May 30, 2009 2:04 am

Settlers of Catan - I have the 3D version!

Empire Builder and all its derivatives (British Rails, Nippon Rails, Australian Rails, Russian Rails, China Rails, India Rails, Lunar Rails and Iron Dragon).

I haven't played Talisman in years, but it was a fine beer 'n' pretzels game (Mountain Dew for me).

Avalon Hill's monster slugathon game, Titan.
Make Mine Master Maze!

dudebird
Orc
Orc

Post by dudebird » Fri May 29, 2009 11:48 pm

Amen to Talisman. Another one I can ask, "Where and when did that one go missing?" I have no idea.

whitewind
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by whitewind » Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Talisman. Loving the latest incarnation and hoping for more.

David Wasilewski
Orc
Orc

Post by David Wasilewski » Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 am

Original MB Games version of "Axis and Allies" - been playing that about twice a year with friends for 20 years!

Dave

Green_knight
Orc
Orc

Post by Green_knight » Mon May 25, 2009 1:32 am

i second twilight imperium
and add Memoir'44 and Starcraft

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord