Aaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Post by RabidFox* » Fri May 06, 2005 7:54 pm

OK you two, back to your respective corners. And Zug, back off. We really don't want any more bashing on these boards. Actually, this was RabidFox's attempt at being nice. If you don't like his advice, don't listen to it. If he wished to share his personal experiences, that is what a forum is for. If you think he his bragging, don't read it. I don't want and most of this forum doesn't want another repeat of last month. Please cease and desist before we get another round of why we need a CoC.

Hear, hear!

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri May 06, 2005 4:05 pm

*whistling innocently*

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Fri May 06, 2005 3:22 pm

OK you two, back to your respective corners. And Zug, back off. We really don't want any more bashing on these boards. Actually, this was RabidFox's attempt at being nice. If you don't like his advice, don't listen to it. If he wished to share his personal experiences, that is what a forum is for. If you think he his bragging, don't read it. I don't want and most of this forum doesn't want another repeat of last month. Please cease and desist before we get another round of why we need a CoC.

RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Post by RabidFox* » Fri May 06, 2005 2:30 pm

I have these old Games Workshop tiles, they came in a hard bound book format. One of them is a lava room with stepping stones. That would look pretty cool set in a Master Maze room and cut so that it matched the floor.

Anyone tried something like this? I have seen the cool pools and such from Tom.

It also came with a buch of card stock assesories. I used a pit once in a a Dwarven Forge hallway and it looked great!

Have you tried using the tiles from Warhammer Quest and Space Hulk?
They might help you in your builds.

RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Post by RabidFox* » Fri May 06, 2005 2:29 pm

And I thought I hijacked this thread. :) Sorry I openned the door.

Have any of you combined Star Wars Minis Maps with Dwarven Forge Sci Fi tiles? I saw one photo with the chasm. That was cool. Are there any others?

There was nothing wrong with your hijack DDM.
You tried to bring the thread back to DF MM.
Unfortunately, I thought Zug was connected and could not possibly think such crassness as humorous.
I was wrong so I am leaving the mess all to him.
I should have learned in my first incarnation and from reading how he treated DLH and others that he was beyond redemption.
DDM, I just have this optimistic belief that all people can be reached; I was wrong with Zug though.
That is my optimistic fault.
Sorry to all of you concerned persons for the attempt.
There will be no more of that.
I have MUCH better things to do with my time.

RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Post by RabidFox* » Fri May 06, 2005 2:20 pm

Zug, you are just a totally unbelievable.
I hope you are happy with the delusions you create that you are so caught up in.
You are completely unconnected to reality.
You are a total waste of my time and are purely a bad taste.

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Fri May 06, 2005 1:11 pm

I't something i am thinking about trying now, the reasons i came up with seemed kind of silly when i really tohught about them, so for things like that (lava etc) yeah i may try.

DaggerdaleDM
Orc
Orc

Post by DaggerdaleDM » Fri May 06, 2005 1:09 pm

I have these old Games Workshop tiles, they came in a hard bound book format. One of them is a lava room with stepping stones. That would look pretty cool set in a Master Maze room and cut so that it matched the floor.

Anyone tried something like this? I have seen the cool pools and such from Tom.

It also came with a buch of card stock assesories. I used a pit once in a a Dwarven Forge hallway and it looked great!

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Fri May 06, 2005 1:08 pm

There is actually a REALLY Funny bit in one of the Dark Horse Comics about that bit (by Steve Rubio who did troops if anyone knows that that is).
(this is paraphrased)

where Tarkin, Motti, Palpy, Vader and some others are sitting around dicsussing the Death Star designs , and Palpatine goes, "What about all of these bottomless pits? can't we do something about this? I think this is a serious Design flaw."

One of the designers replies, "well if we put up saftey railing everywere we are looking at a bugedt increrase of about (does some quick math) 200%"

Plapy gets mad at the money, says "Fine, just mental note, Vader when ever i'm on board, you or some one has to be around to cover my butt, don't want to trip and go falling into one, and speaking of design flaws, what up with this exhaust port thingy? Can't we have a way to fix that, if i had a creidt for everytime some yahoo flies into one of my ships and blows it up with a lucky shot... ((looks at vader), who is looking away all innocent))"

Tarkin replies " Sir the Trench is covered by Turbo laser cannons, is x m long, and has a target that is only 3 meters in size, and is ray shieled, no one could make it down the trench in the first place to attempt the shot, let alone hit it with a missle"

Vader goes, " I could"

Motti Spits out his coffe and chuckles, and starts choking in what you think is a response to vaders claim, and then vader getting back at him.

Everyone glares at vader thinking he is choking Motti

vader goes "What, It's not me"

Motti replies "sorry wrong pipe"

Tarkin looks at Vader, "Well as long as your on ourside we're all set aren't we?"

eh it was funny you had to read it.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri May 06, 2005 12:24 pm

Yeah, that's how I feel about it. For basic walls and floors, I like consistency -- I wouldn't want to have a 2-D control room in the middle of a DF setup.

But for things that couldn't be done in 3D without a LOT of time and money -- like a 10,000 foot chasm -- well, those are fine for 2D. (also on the list -- starfields seen through viewports....)

L
and on the subject of chasms -- d'you think Palpatine regretted his chasm-fetish as he plummeted to his demise? really SHOULD have covered those things, shouldn't you, you smug !@#$!@!@%.......

Return to “Gaming Talk”