Aaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Post by RabidFox* » Wed May 04, 2005 7:01 pm

While i Love my DF, i don't use it for the Minis Skirmish, the simple maps, and tiles are fine for me.

I use my DF for RPG :), hope to put up pictures from last nights game.

GS, why do you not use DF for skirmish games?

RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Post by RabidFox* » Wed May 04, 2005 7:00 pm

Well, well, hello Zug.

First, understand that not telling your significant other (aka girlfriend), especially a woman who feels that you are part of her life, about the spending you do, especially on an interest that she has no interest in or is negative about, is committing relationship suicide.
If she is a truly important part of your life, then you had better get into the habit now of not spending more than a dollar or two without some sort of forewarning or open admittance to her.
Otherwise, you might as well pack up your toys and find yourself a new place before she goes and finds herself a man that actually respects her opinions and thoughts that she is more compatible with.

So, you are enjoying your SW figs.
That may be good.

So Zug, you like BB.
Not much of a revelation really with the pseudonym you have here.

BB was an okay game.
I was a real fan once upon a time.
I had 43 BB teams; most of which were conversions -minotaurs, ogres, Tileans, Estalians, Kislevites and so forth.
I had all of the official 3rd edition teams twice with full support personnel groups (head coach, a. coaches, wizard, apothecary, cheerleaders, etc.) painted up differently and with slightly different rosters.
I had all of the 2nd edition star players and a couple of teams.
I even picked up DungeonBowl and the 1st edition BB's Death Zone.
Since I was working at the evil empire, I was able to get a full team of Gary Morley's Norse about two years before they were released.
I even created a Skaven cheerleading squad with a Pack Master as head cheerleader with bloodied and bruised human, dwarf, high elf and dark elf cheerleaders forming the rest of the squad.
It was the idea of: cheer for the team or be punished.
I had even thought about building a stadium a good while back.
I have let it all go these days.
The figs just sit into their cases these days and the stadium never got past the design phase.
Not much into anything that GW creates these days other than the occasional vehicle chassis I might need.
I developed other interests.
Such is life.

You, Zug, might want to reconsider how you spend on gaming to include your girlfriend more.
Otherwise, you might be finding yourself alone one day in the near future.

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Wed May 04, 2005 1:09 pm

While i Love my DF, i don't use it for the Minis Skirmish, the simple maps, and tiles are fine for me.

I use my DF for RPG :), hope to put up pictures from last nights game.

Tdaraa
Orc
Orc

Post by Tdaraa » Wed May 04, 2005 8:51 am

heh, so how's you girlfriend taking this?

MightyZug
Goblin
Goblin

Post by MightyZug » Wed May 04, 2005 2:43 am

Okay,

So there is this guy, right, gamer but doesn't like "competitive games" like 40k, Pirates, or really any game where the obsessive compulsive type will hedge on movement always giving himself an extra 1/2 inch or so.

Big Blood Bowl guy.

Anyway he sees this here new fangled Dwarven Forge Sci-Fi terrain. "Wow," he says. I've got to have this stuff thinking back to those original games of Genestealer and Space Hulk.

Guy buys way too much terrain. Twenty boxes by the time his girlfriend finds out. She's not too impressed. They are standing in a game store and he's talking about when his next ten boxes come in. He hadn't really mentioned this to her. He thinks this might be what she meant when she was talking about communication.

Guy finds out that SW Minis in the two gaming stores in area doesn't have casual play, rather pretty much just a tournament crowd.

Guy puts together coalition of SW Minis players who are looking for casual play.

Guy shows up at game store with Sci-Fi terrain and begins setting up...and setting up....and setting up....

One person shows up for first SW Minis night. Looks at terrain is totally blown away, talks about how cool the terrain is and how much fun they are going to have playing on it.

Then he says, "Let's play on the map in your SW Starter set tonight, instead."

Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

The guy is thinking about an upcoming tournament and wants to play on "official maps."

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

That being said SW Minis, I can now say having played two games is fun! Packing boxes and boxes of terrain to game store setting up and not playing on it is not.

Return to “Gaming Talk”