Pimp my Basement!

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Pimp my Basement!

Post by RabidFox* » Fri May 06, 2005 3:55 am

So YC, what is the status of your basement since my aborted demise?

Still waiting to move in, which will be next week. Then comes the tearing out of the pink carpeting (!!) and the beginning of the remodeling process. If anyone's really interested, I can post pictures as the project progresses, but really, who cares that much about my basement but me?

Pink?!?
Was it a Barbie basement?

What I think would be interesting is some pics of what it looks like before you start and then progress pics along the way.
That would a most excellent inspiration to others on how they can convert seemingly hopeless rooms in their homes into A1* game rooms.
How about it YC?

And your "demise" wasn't so much aborted as circumvented. Good luck with that.

No, actually, aborted is correct YC.
Jeff could have completely shut me down.
All of us leave our ISP address here when we visit.
Jeff simply decided to not shut me and my ISP address down; just derez the RabidFox account.
He and I "spoke" and came to terms.
So, here I am once more just slightly changed.
No Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White level of changes though.
Thank goodness!
Too much trouble.

To circumvent YC I would have had to somehow go around Jeff and create a new account which I do not see as really all that feasible.
Since he never killed my access, I never had to go around anything YC so abort is far more correct.

Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Pimp my Basement!

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Thu May 05, 2005 11:59 am

Still waiting to move in, which will be next week. Then comes the tearing out of the pink carpeting (!!) and the beginning of the remodeling process. If anyone's really interested, I can post pictures as the project progresses, but really, who cares that much about my basement but me?

And your "demise" wasn't so much aborted as circumvented. Good luck with that.

RabidFox*
Ogre
Ogre

Pimp my Basement!

Post by RabidFox* » Wed May 04, 2005 7:04 pm

MyLordVoid
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Pimp my Basement!

Post by MyLordVoid » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:52 am

You Know, When Those Magnetic Dungeon Floors Came Out a Few years Ago, (Maybe Skeleton Key?), any way they were Like Refrigerator Magnets, 2D Corridors, Rooms Etc... But Still Pretty Kewl... Anyway, I Had Thought the the Most Effective use for those might be some sort of Table that had the Capacity to "Rotate" a Given Side face up so that you Could Prepare Certain Tricky Areas in Advance...

Orc
Orc

Pimp my Basement!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:59 pm

If you are going to build a custom gaming table...

What I really want is one of those tables like in the James Bond movies where it's just a table until a panel folds aside and the dungeon we'll be using rises up from inside.

Ah, well...I can dream. :)

Could be a reality if you had enough money.
Then again, if you had that sort of money, you could become at partner at DF too.
Then you could get the pieces you feel are missing from the existing lines done and have all sorts of fun, yes?

I will be telling some of the local gamers about your basement later this week and see what their input for you will be.
Maybe their input will inspire me to greater ideas as well.

Yukon Cornelius
Ogre
Ogre

Pimp my Basement!

Post by Yukon Cornelius » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:31 pm

If you are going to build a custom gaming table...

What I really want is one of those tables like in the James Bond movies where it's just a table until a panel folds aside and the dungeon we'll be using rises up from inside.

Ah, well...I can dream. :)

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Pimp my Basement!

Post by brvheart » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:15 am

Well.......... that could be why most of my gamers haven't been back lately

Orc
Orc

Pimp my Basement!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:13 am

I've thought about the cup holder idea, but it either they will stick out or take too much playing room from the table. Coasters and a yard stick to beat the players with works for me. That and plexiglas works wonders.

Who are you playing with that will take the beating and still come back?

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Pimp my Basement!

Post by brvheart » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:58 am

I've thought about the cup holder idea, but it either they will stick out or take too much playing room from the table. Coasters and a yard stick to beat the players with works for me. That and plexiglas works wonders.

Orc
Orc

Pimp my Basement!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:47 pm

Hope you do not mind.

That's cool. It' just not really my style. As for the food thing, snacks and RPGs are a matched set, unfortunately. My players are pretty careful, too, so I think it will be fine. But, yeah, I see your point.

If you are going to build a custom gaming table, you might want to build very deep refreshment holders.
That way if they are deep enough, if they still get hit, maybe the items will not spill over everything.
On the otherhand you might build some sort of wheeled snack caddies, that will be lower than the table, that can used upon demand.

Return to “Gaming Talk”