Stones Dungeon Tiles

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
ced1106
Orc
Orc

Re:Stones Dungeon Tiles

Post by ced1106 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:29 am

AnimeSensei wrote:

Are those available without a pledge for the other pieces?

Contact the creator and ask. I've wondered why there's no add-on only level myself.

Funded with first SG reached!

At the $25,000 level Mr. Stones will be included with every Stones Master Builder and Grand Master Builder sets - FREE! Add 4 Square Bricked columns for only $5.00! (available only to Stones Master Builder & Grand Master Builder levels).

More add-ons to be... added.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:33 am

I've looked at some of their stuff in the past. There are a few things I would consider acquiring, but most of this product does not meet my needs. I wish them the best of luck, more options isn't a bad thing. They just don't float my boat.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Are those available without a pledge for the other pieces?
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:25 pm

If you don't need 'em, definitely don't by 'em. I'm seeing DS as a trip to CostCo more than anything else. DF's the gourmet stuff! If you already have plenty of tiles, you don't need a bulk purchase of 2x2 floor tiles and doors. I only have a hundred dollars of DF tiles, so will use the DS tiles so that I don't have to rebuild parts of the dungeon during play.

ADW did not exist before KS. But, if DS didn't have Reaper's backing, I'd be wary as well. However, if you look at Frontline Game's company site, they already have a fair amount of terrain and other resin (?) product available. They're only funding two items which require molds, a floor tile, and a door, so it's not like they have the up-front mold costs UpWorks had. Add-on items look to be resin.
http://frontline-games.com/index.php?id ... &id_lang=1

Fifty EB's added today, and only 19 left. Funding reached!

New add-on. 10 loudly colored inserts for eight bucks!

johnny9k
Goblin
Goblin

Post by johnny9k » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm a little flinchy after the ADW scam so this one set off red flags - first project, only 1 other backed, creators are a bit anonymous. But then Reaper gave their approval and I gave a closer look. The quality just isn't there for me. Maybe Stefan and Elye have me spoiled, but I'd rather save my money for DF3.

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Add-ons:

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:59 am

I do not see myself jumping in on this. Hope it funds well though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:33 pm

While I love diversity in the industry, I don't love 1/2" tiles for the doors... :(
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:30 pm

To me, they don't look like they're going to warp, and they haven't said they're using Bones plastic. Looks like they've been around for 15 years. From the comments:

"We released our first game in 2009 and have since then released others. As mentioned before, we are known in Texas because we attend many Cons here and have demonstrated our games hundreds of times. The Stones project actually came about for a personal need more than anything else because we wanted something like this for ourselves. One thing lead to another and here we are today. We are planning more "terrain" items so stay tuned - have to fund first :)"

And for paint jobs... Well, these *are* just flat dungeon floors and doors. I'm looking forward to the DFKS3 sculpts because I know we're going to get some high quality stuff out from DF!

Oldmanwillow
Orc
Orc

Post by Oldmanwillow » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:45 pm

kodiakbear wrote:

Oldmanwillow wrote:
kodiakbear wrote:
I worry if they are too thin there will be warping issues. If they are made of a material like Reapers Bones, warping could be a real problem for a 2"x2" thin tile.

I get the impression that it is PVC. I do not care for the look. I think it will be easy to modify and no more subject to warpage than DF tiles.

You don't think it being thinner will make it more prone to warping?

As for the look, I agree it is no where as good as DF's Dwarvenite tiles.

It certainly could but it will be very easy to fix with hot water. I get the impression the designer expects the tiles to be heavily modified by the user.

Return to “Gaming Talk”