Stones Dungeon Tiles

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:Stones Dungeon Tiles

Post by dice4hire » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:37 am

The case seems rather off-topic to the Kickstarter, if you know what I mean.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 am

A warning on the case. Over on the reaper boards they are not fond of this case.

They love the Stones Dungeon Tiles on the reaper forum like they are the second coming, just not the case.

hobby case

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Need more peek and less sneak. (: My impression is that the DF KS3 plans are for castle tiles and building tiles? If KS3 will have different themes, I'd like it to be split into smaller KS so my wallet can recover.

Frontline Games is now offering a 150-pocket large miniatures case as an add-on, for $29 plus shipping. If anyone knows a better price, including cardboard, let me know. I haven't had any luck finding a better price, but these miniature storage cases are all over the place. I'm also thinking that you don't really need foam for the soft plastic boardgame and Bones miniatures...

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:47 am

Undel wrote:

Just build a house out of dwarvenite.

Jessica, you and I may be O.K. with a dwarvenite home, but my wife would prefer running water to simulated water. "shhh, she's not a gamer." ;-)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:12 am

I want to join the chorus... PLEASE split this into smaller KS's There is only so much i can spend and i hate to pass up on stuff. What i can spend won't change, i will just get less of what is available :(

Splitting it up means i can overspend 2 or three times rather than just once ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:53 am

Stefan wrote:

interesting that they are introducing sidewalks....we are sculpting those now...

Well, it's more like the SD tiles can be used as sidewalks. They're 1/4" thick, which is thinner than DF tiles, which are a little under 1/2" thick.

So when did DF start having more than one sculptor? Did KS indirectly or directly help this happen? Looking forward to the buildings. These adventurers need to do something else after looting the dungeon!

Undel
Orc
Orc

Post by Undel » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:24 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Because if you have 4 times the stuff, like William you may have to house me for a few years after my wife kicks me out. ;)

Just build a house out of dwarvenite.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:18 am

Stefan wrote:

3rd kickstarter will be 4 times grander in scope.

Boy I hope you mean grand as in awesome sculpts pushing the envelope of Dwarvenite like your picks of the castle wall. Or sewers with removable water insert tiles. Or great accessories in Dwarvenite. Because if you have 4 times the stuff, like William you may have to house me for a few years after my wife kicks me out. ;)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Send the sculptors home this minute, you're going to get me tossed out to the curb. I spent over a grand last time and only touched the add-ons available and now it's 4X grander in scope? Split it into 2 or 3 KS's, seriously.
HELP!
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 pm

interesting that they are introducing sidewalks....we are sculpting those now...

Elye, Drew, Sandy and I have been sculpting 12+ hour days........I'll post some sneak pics in the next few days...all I can say is, we are making SO much stuff, all related to a......City of my dreams....

it will be much doom to your wallet....my guess is that If your interested in a City scenario you are going to want to have a lot of acorns saved up for february/march

this 3rd kickstarter will be 4 times grander in scope....I just want everyone to be prepared, I am working harder than I have ever worked and am inspired every day by these great sculptors around me

we also have....other...surprises in store...you don't know how bad i want to spill ALL the beans!

Return to “Gaming Talk”