Stones Dungeon Tiles

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:Stones Dungeon Tiles

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Oldmanwillow wrote:

kodiakbear wrote:
I worry if they are too thin there will be warping issues. If they are made of a material like Reapers Bones, warping could be a real problem for a 2"x2" thin tile.

Perhaps I am wrong on this KS material properties, but I saw a good amount of warping with the Bones minis I got in Reapers KS1.

I get the impression that it is PVC. I do not care for the look. I think it will be easy to modify and no more subject to warpage than DF tiles.

You don't think it being thinner will make it more prone to warping?

As for the look, I agree it is no where as good as DF's Dwarvenite tiles.

Oldmanwillow
Orc
Orc

Post by Oldmanwillow » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 am

kodiakbear wrote:

I worry if they are too thin there will be warping issues. If they are made of a material like Reapers Bones, warping could be a real problem for a 2"x2" thin tile.

Perhaps I am wrong on this KS material properties, but I saw a good amount of warping with the Bones minis I got in Reapers KS1.

I get the impression that it is PVC. I do not care for the look. I think it will be easy to modify and no more subject to warpage than DF tiles.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:43 am

Oldmanwillow
Orc
Orc

Post by Oldmanwillow » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 am

MBA seems to be backing them too

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:30 am

I've asked the company for more information about themselves. Unlike other game tile KS, Reaper's will be supporting them (although what this really means hasn't been explained). I've checked out their website, and it looks like they have more experience than Itar's Workshop and Mythical Lairs. Looks like DungeonStone delivered back in March.

FG Terrain page: http://frontline-games.com/index.php?id ... &id_lang=1

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:46 am

I've backed a fair number of these other dungeon tile kickstarters and for the post part, delivery has been abysmal. Still waiting on most of them and getting marginal to lame excuses month after month. Other than Dwarven Forge and Griffin Tamer, I don't plan on backing any more tile Kickstarters unless the company in question already has a proven track record.

ced1106
Orc
Orc

Post by ced1106 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Reaper backed this project, and I think Stones would be useful to supplement my collection of Dwarven Forge tiles. The more gamers who use tiles, the more of them who will eventually pick up DF products!

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/ ... ine-games/

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Stones Dungeon Tiles

Post by unclebilly » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:58 pm

I took a look at this. I am thinking about going in on this more for the idea of using them for sidewalks and such to use with my DF tiles. All depends on what all goes on with it. But here is the link in case anyone else want to look at them also. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... geon-tiles

Return to “Gaming Talk”