Game Tables

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Game Tables

Post by monkplayer » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:00 pm

jimibones83 wrote:

@monkplayer Ah, I'll do that then for sure. Ty:)

Also, yur right, that is a way awesome castle set up. I'd like to know who makes it as well.

FYI, replied to your email and am waiting to hear from you!
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:31 pm

Also, I'm glad to hear that 3" is perfect for pocket depth. I've been planning on making mine 3" as well. That leaves room for a 2" drawer without eating up too much leg room, which will work great to hold your sheets and roll dice in.

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:26 pm

@monkplayer Ah, I'll do that then for sure. Ty:)

Also, yur right, that is a way awesome castle set up. I'd like to know who makes it as well.

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Thod wrote:

Gramlot

Thanks for sharing !! I don't know how I managed to miss this table at Spiel in Essen? Guess I was focussed on the bits in the table - not the table itself and it was in the main boardgames hall.

For DF use I see one curcial design problem - the game surface isn't deep enough. Visually it doesn't seem that DF will fit below the top. The design is great for board games as the lower the gaming surface the more difficult it is to move pieces.

For DF you need approx. 6 cm to ensure you can build it up and leave it build up. This is likely fixable as we are talking 1 or 2 cm difference.

I could be wrong - but it to the best I manages to measure it seems just below 5 cm.

Prices are also not for the feint hearted - but they are in line with GeekChic.

To build upon Thod's very helpful comments for our lazy outdates USA folks that would be 3" height is what you need. I measured the hight of DF and I've been able to use almost all DF pieces on the bottom layer, then build the upper layer on top of the bottom with my plexiglass sheets in between. I then add my table top wooden planks on top of this.

Attachments
IMG7282_2_L-ad89f749cbb6680fd3d24cd3fdb8ed15.jpg
IMG7282_2_L-ad89f749cbb6680fd3d24cd3fdb8ed15.jpg (251.54 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
IMG7272_L-392759b59a18af5534cd0edf614f3c68.jpg
IMG7272_L-392759b59a18af5534cd0edf614f3c68.jpg (186.34 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Oldmanwillow wrote:

AnimeSensei wrote:
I have an old City Council conference table from our local City Hall that I picked up for $50. :) It's huge! :)

Good idea. I have a cheery dining table I plain to convert.

I have used a table/box I built from two by sixes 25 years ago. It used to sit on an old government surplus desk I use for my work table. It is on some surplus map/slide file cabinets now.

I want somthing that looks nicer but I have not settled on the design.

Here is a photo of a five by eight foot table top on top of the normal four by six.

Normally I play large games at the Hobby shop.Pre movie White City

Who makes that castle set up? *droool, droool*!
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:28 pm

jimibones83 wrote:

I think I'm going to try and nudge into the market as well. Right now I'm trying to balance a price. Unfortunately, geek chics range in price a great deal, so a pricing of half isn't very helpful to me. Its ok though, I can repect a persons privacy.

The table I'm currently working on will be very nice, but won't have the recessed top we all know and love. Still, I'm hoping the picture of Cthulhu I burn into the top will catch someone's eye and land it a home. If it does, I'm going to start production on some even nicer tables, which will indeed have a recessed top.

What are some of the features you like most about your table?

Once again Jimibones, if you want to contact me directly you're welcome to do so. I've never felt comfortable discussing publicly my spending habits on any topic.
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

Thod
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Thod » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:23 am

Pusherman

Yes - Geegnson are the ones who contacted me. I hope to see an early table and to test it out with DwravenForge.

They produce in Poland as far as I know but the UK HQ is Birmingham. You might see them at Games Expo. I hope to intercept one of the very first tables when it comes over the channel.

Still early days but I would be in the market for one myself if it convinces me.

Pusherman
Orc
Orc

Post by Pusherman » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:53 am

Just saw these tables on 'Board Game Geek'

https://www.facebook.com/geeknson?fref=nf

they look pretty nice don't know how suitable they are for DF but pretty cool option for a Geek Chic style table this side of the pond.

Thod
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Thod » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:48 am

Gramlot

Thanks for sharing !! I don't know how I managed to miss this table at Spiel in Essen? Guess I was focussed on the bits in the table - not the table itself and it was in the main boardgames hall.

For DF use I see one curcial design problem - the game surface isn't deep enough. Visually it doesn't seem that DF will fit below the top. The design is great for board games as the lower the gaming surface the more difficult it is to move pieces.

For DF you need approx. 6 cm to ensure you can build it up and leave it build up. This is likely fixable as we are talking 1 or 2 cm difference.

I could be wrong - but it to the best I manages to measure it seems just below 5 cm.

Prices are also not for the feint hearted - but they are in line with GeekChic.

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:18 pm

I think I'm going to try and nudge into the market as well. Right now I'm trying to balance a price. Unfortunately, geek chics range in price a great deal, so a pricing of half isn't very helpful to me. Its ok though, I can repect a persons privacy.

The table I'm currently working on will be very nice, but won't have the recessed top we all know and love. Still, I'm hoping the picture of Cthulhu I burn into the top will catch someone's eye and land it a home. If it does, I'm going to start production on some even nicer tables, which will indeed have a recessed top.

What are some of the features you like most about your table?

Return to “Gaming Talk”