Game Tables

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Game Tables

Post by monkplayer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:01 pm

jimibones83 wrote:

@Monkplayer and Crioux

Would you guys be willing to share what you wound up spending on your tables?

I wouldn't prefer to do that, but will state it was about 1/2 of Geek Chic's cost, and with many more features. The cost was a great bargain when you also consider I got chairs as well. The reason I know it was a lot less was I went to them first, and discussed at length over several calls what I wanted. At that time they only made 3-4 types of chairs and tables, and did not create custom tables in a medieval style.

I'm still very, very happy with my master wordsmith that created it. If someone is actually fixing to want one built and has several grand then you're willing to contact me. I believe I can give you a lot of help with what to do and not do when creating a custom gaming table similar to mine.

HEREDRAGONDRAGONatCOXdotNET

I might even be willing to stay what I paid??? Especially if ya threw some Christmas cookies my way!!JK

Keep the Dice Rollin Through the Holidays!
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

Gramlot2
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Gramlot2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 am

If you like similar gaming tables produce in Europe, follow this link :

http://www.legacygamehd.com/

Thod
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Thod » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:36 am

Just adding here a bit as I don't want to hijack the discussion

Is there interest here in Europe for gaming tables?

I'm following this here with interest. I can't see myself building a table. I drooled over GeekChic tables when I saw the Sultan online around 5 years ago. I went as far as measuring the approach and the room and started saving for one. I later realized the Sultan is just overkill / not suitable for my needs when I saw all offerings at GenCon 2011.

At that time I had decided against a GeekChic table. Not because I didn't like one - but because my great wife gave me 2 options when I finally had the money to buy one and circumstances at work changed

a) Buy a GeekChic table

b) Buy a container full of DwarvenForge for the European market

Unfortunately it was a) or b) and not both. But maybe I'm back in the market if I can get a European solution - likely a lot simpler - but also a lot cheaper.

So any other Europeans out here looking for a table? Should I do a seperate thread and invite the person who approached me?

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:35 am

@Monkplayer and Crioux

Would you guys be willing to share what you wound up spending on your tables?

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:53 pm

@Crioux

Those legs are awesome. Unfortunately for me, mines to far along to make any changes. I'm really hoping to get the chance to make more tables though. If I do, I'm definitely going to incorporate that idea. All depends on I find interest or not though.

@Cody N

Thats exactly why I decided on drawers instead of flip downs. I like the idea of being able to push the drawer in. If I get a chance to build another table though, I'm going to give it the recessed top (like the geek chiq's), as well as drawers.

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:37 pm

RIOUX how do you feel about those flip down tables? any bending? awkward? in the way?
whats your pro con review?

crioux
Orc
Orc

Post by crioux » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Here is my first version of my custom gaming table.

Since then I "upgraded" it a bit the bottom is now frosted glass, to allow future under the table projecting, and the cover has a cloth covering to make easier to play card games.

Attachments
IMG_3619__Medium_.JPG
IMG_3619__Medium_.JPG (226.72 KiB) Viewed 2872 times
IMG_3617__Medium_.JPG
IMG_3617__Medium_.JPG (209.93 KiB) Viewed 2872 times

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:41 am

Looks like fine work.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:30 pm

Well here's a picture of my work in progress. The drawers are all done as well. Next week I'll be installing all the guts:)
Attachments
ResizedImage_1417984945607.jpg
ResizedImage_1417984945607.jpg (488.79 KiB) Viewed 2872 times

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:06 pm

dungeonmastermark wrote:

I had my own custom gaming table made awhile back ( i spent very little considering those who buy geek chic tables)

but i was going for more of a old fashiomned style inn style table...

there is a local amish carpentry store. I showed them some plans i sketched up and some photos ( geek chic and such). I decided on no fold outs( my freind has a geek chic table and i find them annoying).. but my table has a 5 inch drop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_GsdKg ... 79SGBbwGzg

It seems my table has a "cousin" out there I didn't know about. Nice table! I also think it was you that has several pieces of custom terrain on eBay? I'm not for sure because I'm always looking for 3D stuff that's different?
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

Return to “Gaming Talk”