Dungeon Dressing

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Dungeon Dressing

Post by LadySabelle » Sat May 23, 2015 1:25 am

William, I did sculpt some of the clothes to look like they are hanging on a line. I didn't add clothespins because they weren't used to hang wet clothes until the early 19th century and I wanted to be able to use the clothes for draping too.
I also did these hanging cloaks which are already in the mold:

And about the issue with the paint: I realized that I didn't actually wash the mold after it first cured. (Something I normally do to get rid of any mold release on the silicone) I wonder if that's the real problem. I'll try washing the mold before I do any more clothes.

Thanks for the insight and suggestions. :)
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat May 23, 2015 12:25 am

I think they look very nice. Odd about the paint. Did you possibly under bake the clay? What was the clay brand? I usually don't have problems with the paint adhesion to my sculpey stuff. I did have some problems with Elye's resin pieces even after two washes. To get it to stick I finally had to just work the paint as it dried. Seemed to work fine.
Have you thought about a set of hanging towels, blankets and cloths (sox, under-things, shirts, pants) with clothes pins holding them in spots for hanging them on a rope line stretched between buildings? They would hang a bit different than draped clothes.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Fri May 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Baked and painted some pieces from the new mold. These were done with clay pressed into the mold then draped over the furniture and baked. I even worked out how to drape clothes over pieces you don't want to put in the oven, like the Dwarvenite bed. My paint job leaves a lot to be desired, since for some reason the Pokorny paints dried glossy on the clay while other paints had trouble sticking at all. I'm going to try using a primer next time. I can't wait to get the new City sets so I can populate a mysterious ghost town with discarded clothing. ;)
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Wed May 20, 2015 11:45 pm

The lute goes with the feathered hat. :P

The rugs/table cloths are pretty thin. My intention (as I've said before) is to use clay in the mold so the pieces can be draped over things. They are meant to be glued down to a piece rather than left as a stand alone. They are a bit too fragile for that even in resin.
DSC_0266.JPG
DSC_0266.JPG (276.49 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed May 20, 2015 11:35 pm

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, love the laced jacket & vest and those two rugs are georgeous. Wondering how thick they are and what sizes both are? The fringed edges look very nice. How did the lute fall into the cloth mix? ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Kodiak3d
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Kodiak3d » Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 pm

This looks like fun :-)

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed May 20, 2015 8:01 pm

You know I want one! I shared the link on DF mods too.

AKA OldmanWillow
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Wed May 20, 2015 6:58 pm

Very cool. Lots of good stuff there.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed May 20, 2015 6:44 pm

LadySabelle wrote:Here's the final selection of items going into my cloth mold. What do you think?
Looks fantastic!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Here's the final selection of items going into my cloth mold. What do you think?

Return to “Gaming Talk”