Jealous of Euro gamers...

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Jealous of Euro gamers...

Post by jchunick » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Kodiak3d wrote:I found a new site I hadn't heard of before. Pre-painted, even! Anyone have any experience with http://www.customkingdoms.com/?
You need to check out my Quality Accessories LInks List thread here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6239
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Kodiak3d wrote:I found a new site I hadn't heard of before. Pre-painted, even! Anyone have any experience with http://www.customkingdoms.com/?

Seeing this one made me realize that a city builder accessory could be done for a windmill quite easily.

A tower either stone or tudor style with two windows on the top level could be turned into a windmill. Coming out of one window would be the shaft and sails of the windmill with a piece on the inside of the window to hold it together and cover up the standard window shape. A pencil thick shaft would run threw the room and connect to the counter weight at the other window that would look like gears on the inside and something else on the out side. Or instead of a window on the back side it could be a magnetic wall that the counter weight gears would magnate to.

Heck the whole set up could be multi use by making the windmill sails removable and replacing instead with a water mill's mill wheel.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 pm

What about any of thier trees?
Last edited by William on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:00 pm

I have several of their buildings. I was thinking of selling them if anyone wants any....

They are made out of resin and are flat walls with a hollow bottom. I can take pictures if anyone has any questions on these.
Last edited by AnimeSensei on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Kodiak3d
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Kodiak3d » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:54 pm

I found a new site I hadn't heard of before. Pre-painted, even! Anyone have any experience with http://www.customkingdoms.com/?

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:29 pm

There are segments of this hobby that do seam to have a lot of European options and much fewer New world options.

I am not sure if it is easier to make a living off of those activities or easier to do it on the side after your day job or if the old world is just more in tune with the joys of playing with tin solders. ;)

Kodiak3d
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Kodiak3d » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks for the link. Very informative. Glad it was a good experience.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:37 pm

Kodiak3d wrote:Is wargaming and dio building just that much more popular in Europe than it is the US?

Also, anyone in the US got any experience buying from Kobblestone? I''m really impressed with their stuff and while I prefer to buy pre-painted stuff, I'm not against doing it myself.
Runeweaver has bought from them. You can see his comments in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7010
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Kodiak3d
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Kodiak3d » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Is wargaming and dio building just that much more popular in Europe than it is the US?

Also, anyone in the US got any experience buying from Kobblestone? I''m really impressed with their stuff and while I prefer to buy pre-painted stuff, I'm not against doing it myself.

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Euros have some nice stuff, but they have to pay a hefty premium as well in the sense that they have to pay VAT tax. US is exempt from that. So they are in a similar boat as us when buying from their own country or neighbor. VAT is something along the lines of 20%. The prices u see may already include VAT and if that is so, then there is a portion of ur shipping right there.

iPad

Return to “Gaming Talk”