Wedding Armor

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Wedding Armor

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Ok for all who are interested there will be another update tomorrow or later tonight. Sorry about the gap in posts thats the one thing about this type of stuff it takes a little bit before I can make another post I like to get quite a bit done to show whats going on

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm also looking forward to the end results.
Good luck!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:25 am

I will be following this thread with a huge amount of interest.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Make sure to cut the cake with an axe. :)
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks for posting this. I remember you talking about making armor for your wedding sometime ago, and have always wondered what came of it. Your armor looks like it is going to be very cool. Continue to post as work progresses. I'll be following this with thread!

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:56 pm

Awesome! I briefly dabbled in some leatherworking before my kids were born and still have all the stuff. Pipe dream to make some armor some day. I will be watching your build with interest!

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Wedding Armor

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Hey all its been a while since ive posted here but things are pretty busy with the wedding coming up in just a couple months and normally people are use to me posting progress on my sculpts and projects but Im afraid thats not the case this time. I am still working on all my projects just right now theyre on the back burner till october. BUT I thought I would share another project I am working on which is the leather armor I am making to wear at my wedding, I figured some people might be interested in the whole process.

To start the process I begin by making patterns on poster board then tracing them onto a leather hide (first picture). I then use an exacto to cut those pieces out. On the top row (from left to right) I have my left bracer, right bracer, and left shoulder piece. On the bottom row will be my headpiece/crown and next to that is one of my thigh pieces. Not all of them are complete or are missing pieces but thought I would show what I had. I will also do some updates on the process and show how I finish the edges, dye and rivet it all together. Sorry for the lengthy post and hope you all enjoy let me know if anyone needs a personal armor smith lol
Attachments
armor2.jpg
armor2.jpg (380.6 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
armor1.jpg
armor1.jpg (360.04 KiB) Viewed 3278 times

Return to “Gaming Talk”