Kickstarter - MapForge

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Heruca
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Kickstarter - MapForge

Post by Heruca » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:02 pm

I finally got the much-requested Tile Inventory feature implemented in time for the Beta release of MapForge. All we need now is an official Dwarven Forge Add-On (nudge, nudge).

And for anyone who missed out on the MapForge Kickstarter, for two weeks you have a chance to hop on via the MapForge Indiegogo campaign.
MapForge is new mapping software for Windows and Mac. Funded on Kickstarter, and now on Indiegogo.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:31 am

Congratulations on a successful start to your venture!

Heruca
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Heruca » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 am

Oops! Looks like I forgot to follow-up.

The MapForge Kickstarter campaign ended up becoming the most-funded mapping software project ever on Kickstarter, and ended with 1828 backers.

Josh Chunick, who many of you know from these forums (and who actually started this forum thread), is going to be helping out with some of the programming work for MapForge, as an occasional consultant. I'm overjoyed at this development.

Hopefully after MapForge v1.0 is released in late July, and after the MapForge web store launches in August, a new wave of content Add-Ons will be developed in September, largely to help fill some holes in the current content line-up. While I've already got some great new artists lined up for that, that could also be a good time to re-evaluate the possibility of collaborating on a "Dwarven Forge Tiles" Add-On.
MapForge is new mapping software for Windows and Mac. Funded on Kickstarter, and now on Indiegogo.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:21 am

Looks interesting.

Heruca
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Heruca » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 am

One final push before the campaign ends. Going for the record!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Heruca wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:29 pm
I'm now resigned to the fact that no Dwarven Forge Add-On for MapForge will be announced during the campaign, which is a shame, but let's leave the door open for a potential collaboration in the future. Perhaps during the next DF Kickstarter?
I hope so. :)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Heruca
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Heruca » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:29 pm

We're down to the last 5 days of the MapForge Kickstarter campaign! Only 33 slots remain for the new "Commercial/Publisher Bundle" pledge level that was recently added. These are going fast, especially now that they will include more art for the same price.

Be sure to check out the new video I posted yesterday in Update #8.

I'm now resigned to the fact that no Dwarven Forge Add-On for MapForge will be announced during the campaign, which is a shame, but let's leave the door open for a potential collaboration in the future. Perhaps during the next DF Kickstarter?

Heruca
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Heruca » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:52 am

The last Stretch Goal has been unlocked!

So I guess that now, even if there's no official Dwarven Forge Add-On ever made (still no word), DF fans will ostensibly be able to use the Crucible utility app to create and share their own user-created Add-On/s.

A new Pledge Level has been added for people interested in publishing and/or commercial use and want to save some money with a bundle discount.

9 days remaining.

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Heruca wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:35 pm
..... Still no word from Dwarven Forge. Might have to email them again.
SHOCKER!!! :lol:

Though it looks like you've deciphered the riddle of prompt DF communications. Suzy is the best!

Heruca
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Heruca » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:24 am

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Suzy being responsive! I just heard back from her, within 2 minutes!

No decision has been made yet is the only news, though.