[Kickstarter] Red Box Games

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Re: [Kickstarter] Red Box Games

Post by Nikdo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:45 am

I'm also a big fan of Red Box Games miniatures. I like both the proportions and the style of Tre's sculpting. They do appear on the small side next to "heroic" scale figures like Reaper or GW but they look great with Dwarven Forge 25mm scale.
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Riley wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:40 pm
Tre's miniatures are beautiful and full of character. I highly recommend them. I already have a box full of unpainted ones at home awaiting my brush.

Note: Tre'a Red Box minis are not quite as large as his (or others') minis for Reaper. Something about a "true 28mm scale" or somesuch.
I have some of his Red Box minis. They are exceptionally sculpted. I would say they are 28mm but not sculpted to have a lot of bulk so they fit well with 25mm figs. I have a group of zombies from him that I need to finish plus a cool necromancer.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Tre's miniatures are beautiful and full of character. I highly recommend them. I already have a box full of unpainted ones at home awaiting my brush.

Note: Tre'a Red Box minis are not quite as large as his (or others') minis for Reaper. Something about a "true 28mm scale" or somesuch.

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:37 pm

I know what you mean, Unclebilly. I have so much unpainted lead that I really shouldn't buy more. I hate to divert money from post-KS5 stuff but these dwarves are just too cool.

There are now 18 that are funded with the next one very soon. Here are two more dwarves that I really like:

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:33 pm

If I wasn't already up to my ears in unpainted miniatures then I would back this. As it is they do look good but I got to pass on this. Need to save my beans for the KS5 pledge manager.

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

[Kickstarter] Red Box Games

Post by Nikdo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:36 pm

FYI - Tre Manor of Red Box Games is currently running a Kickstarter to fund new dwarf miniatures. I'm a big fan of his miniatures and I think his dwarves are some of his best figures.

Warbands of the Cold North V
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... -miniature

Here are a few sample images:

Return to “Gaming Talk”