Adventurescapes

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
forgeprints
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Adventurescapes

Post by forgeprints » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi everyone!

While we are not on the same level as Nate and Stefan I like to think my creations are getting better and better every day :) I love to look back from when I first started Forge Prints as a 3d printing miniatures company where I hired third party artists because I did not have the confidence to sculpt myself, to where I have gotten it to today :)

I just wanted to say that hopefully the Adventurescapes docks will work well with City Builder and Castles builds, everything I create I look to maintain full compatibility with Dwarven Forge! You will see our future offerings going in the direction of specialty pieces and encounters designed to augment the wonderful foundation that is Dwarven Forge. We will also be rebranding under a new name shortly just finishing up the logo to hopefully better capture who we are and not confuse people with thinking we are doing 3d printing. We are firmly a resin casting company! I'll make sure to let everyone know when the rebrand is done.

I also have seen some amazing mods of our stuff by community members, its super simple to mod resin and I would love to see what you guys do with it as well.

Oh well back to lurking for me, just wanted to say hi :)
Kevin

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:56 pm

zenako wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:47 am
zenako wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:13 pm
I would also be willing to heavily work the Adventurescape docks while I would be leery of tearing into any of the DF stuff. Just from a cost and possible future sale/trade perspective. I am anxious to see what Old Rogue's mass painted docks end up looking like. I have a LARGE wooden dance floor (200 sq inches = 50 2x2 docks/floors) now with the Clearance docks Forge Prints sold a while back.
We would be more the other way around - Dwarvenite is literally indestructible through accidental means.
I meant that I could see myself trying to modify the Adventure Scapes docks to add or delete things since I will a) have a lot more, and b) dwarvenite is close to indestructible. I also have some older cast resin docks I picked up a while ago from an Etsy vendor, as well as some ships and boats. I will have lots of Dock variations available in the future.
Ah fair enough - misunderstood - will be interestingto see how well Adventure Scapes docks work with CBS and Castles - tempting to get the cavern dock and boat
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:47 am
zenako wrote:
I would also be willing to heavily work the Adventurescape docks while I would be leery of tearing into any of the DF stuff. Just from a cost and possible future sale/trade perspective. I am anxious to see what Old Rogue's mass painted docks end up looking like. I have a LARGE wooden dance floor (200 sq inches = 50 2x2 docks/floors) now with the Clearance docks Forge Prints sold a while back.
We would be more the other way around - Dwarvenite is literally indestructible through accidental means.
I meant that I could see myself trying to modify the Adventure Scapes docks to add or delete things since I will a) have a lot more, and b) dwarvenite is close to indestructible. I also have some older cast resin docks I picked up a while ago from an Etsy vendor, as well as some ships and boats. I will have lots of Dock variations available in the future.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:47 am

zenako wrote:
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:21 pm

I do have the adventurescapes docks now, and the DF ones are 18 months or so in the future, so that is a strong consideration also.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:13 pm

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 pm
No problem you can use both types of docks, one type for when the party leaves a port and the other when they arrive in the next city. Like how we now have two styles of dungeon (three if you have resin) to make different types of dungeons.
Yes, you are right. Thinking again, I even have the feeling that the DF docks look a bit more savage, while Adventurescapes are a bit more City-ish. So yes, I think in the end I will be happy to have both styles.
I have heard the DF ones called savage twice so far, but IMO the adventurescape ones look to perfect almost modernly manufactured. But either way two is twice as nice.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:03 pm

If anyone has the resin MBS sets, they also make excellent docks. Too bad they are so hard to find now. :(

Law had an excellent setup showing this off.

https://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtopi ... 733#p56299
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:59 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 pm
No problem you can use both types of docks, one type for when the party leaves a port and the other when they arrive in the next city. Like how we now have two styles of dungeon (three if you have resin) to make different types of dungeons.
Yes, you are right. Thinking again, I even have the feeling that the DF docks look a bit more savage, while Adventurescapes are a bit more City-ish. So yes, I think in the end I will be happy to have both styles.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 pm
Now that KS6 has sooo coool docks, I must say I am a bit sad that I supported the Adventurescapes-docks. These are not bad, but the DF docks look even better :(

I think I must blame Nate, because he also backed for the Adventurescape-docks, which led me to the incorrect conclusion that they won't do docks at DF. :)

Well, at least this keeps my pledge a tiny bit smaller and makes room for one more Forest-set.