More on Gaming Tables

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: More on Gaming Tables

Post by GODofwar » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Problem for me would be that DwF can't be stored - even one layer of it - and put the table top on.
Might just as well use a regular table and some cabinets for DwF storage. No advantage for me.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Thwank
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Thwank » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:41 pm

For anyone who got this table how do you like it with your DF? how much can be stored underneath? what fits what doesnt? I was thinking of getting a standard sized one

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm

48 hours left in this campaign.
I'm really impressed on how it's been run...especially with the creators willing to turn down suggested options that would endanger on-time delivery.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:23 pm

Hmmm...two of those Ultimate Gaming Tables would work perfectly for me. Just wondering how sturdy they are - did anyone check them out at Gen Con this year that could report in?

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:44 pm

jasdotcom wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm
nielsene wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:34 pm
Has anyone seen a similar product to the GM Valet that GeekChic had? Sorta a combination bookshelf, filing cabinet, desk? I don't see any of the other custom table makers offering anything like the various storage solutions GC had.
Carolina Game Tables will soon be offering something similar

I built something very similar to this game cabinet back in the 90's...based on my own design (when most if my minis would actually fit in that amount of space!)

Gave it to Goodwill a few years back when we moved. I did keep the three 80"x30" bookshelves that I made at same time.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks for the links. Yeah I suspect I'll have to go custom. That game cabinet is potentially interesting, but I've just about covered every wall in my game room already. The GM Valet thing was more of slightly taller than desk height, wheeled bookcase unit. Part of it would flip down to be a small desk. After my non-gaming related home improvements happen this fall, I'll see if my built-in bookshelf carpenter is up for it, or if not if he can recommend someone else.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:39 pm

nielsene wrote:
Has anyone seen a similar product to the GM Valet that GeekChic had? Sorta a combination bookshelf, filing cabinet, desk? I don't see any of the other custom table makers offering anything like the various storage solutions GC had.
I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel at Hammered Game Tables would be up for some custom-built furniture, but that's what you're probably looking at if none of the game table companies have such a product already.

Hammered Game Tables:
http://hammeredgametables.com/customizing.html

This is a Kickstarter that I came across my FB feed just the other day which might provide some interesting features:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/97 ... me-table-s

Edit: I see jasdotcom found something while I was typing my post. Nice find. :-)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm

nielsene wrote:
Carolina Game Tables will soon be offering something similar

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Tyrant1969
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Tyrant1969 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:14 pm

In the discussion in the campaign they made a comment about how patrons at GenCon leaned on them....
There was some serious "weight" leaning on these tables as you can imagine. And lean they did because it is natural to lean on the tables.
So I'm hopeful as I have some big gamers!

Return to “Gaming Talk”