tabletopblacksmith KS boat,tree and more till Nov 16

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: tabletopblacksmith KS boat,tree and more till Nov 16

Post by zenako » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:20 am

Looking back at the actual KS campaign, one of the big issues I can see if he was trying to offer a whole range of things all at once. Floor tiles, walls, multipart ship, and the trees as seen above. That is a lot of stuff. His SG list showed placeholders for total backing for more than 6 times the actual totals he got. Perhaps some of the issues were too many molds/designs being offered before the backing was able to fully support the scope.

As for the trees seen above, they look ok and reasonable given the scope of the KS. Hope things work out for the creator.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:01 am
How stable are they? Do you think they'll need to be modded (e.g. add a weight to the base) for stability for normal table use?
I've only had them on a table and not a felt mat (at work right now so I can't check), but they seem pretty stable. Some weight in the bottom couldn't hurt; the trunk is pretty light. The tops are 3D printed and are heavier than the trunk, but the roots at the bottom help. Just like the overall design, the stability isn't great but it's not terrible.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:01 am

How stable are they? Do you think they'll need to be modded (e.g. add a weight to the base) for stability for normal table use?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:29 am

A little dark wash a drybrush they would look ok mixed with other trees.

Glad backers are still getting their rewards from this KS, and kudos to the creator for persevering.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:44 am

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:15 am
Those do not look terrible.
I also would not say they look terrible, but I would say they look basic, low end or not a high level of artistic ability.

If the person was expecting DF level of artistry I can easily see them saying terrible.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:15 am

Those do not look terrible.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:57 am

....aaaaand I got a package in the mail today.

Honestly, for being the first people on the market with the idea of removable canopies, they are better than I was expecting with all of the setbacks. Monster Terrain looks to be much better, but these are passable. My only real complaints are that the large base trees cause the canopy to sit WAY too low to the ground and the bottom edge of the canopies really needed to have more variance instead of looking like a bowl cut.

Cg3fxFCeS9KkfUl_0l2Yhg.jpg
Cg3fxFCeS9KkfUl_0l2Yhg.jpg (68.44 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
pFxk47E3QVeZ0jDgq4HTkg.jpg
pFxk47E3QVeZ0jDgq4HTkg.jpg (75.22 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
xfeIgiDPTV2cbK8sRzft-w.jpg
xfeIgiDPTV2cbK8sRzft-w.jpg (75.23 KiB) Viewed 1109 times

I can see me using these (the the "small" tree base that sits higher) with other trees I'll be getting from DF and Monster Terrain. They're not the best, but they're not garbage either.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:59 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 pm
Just got my bankruptcy notice. Sadly the federal system for viewing these (PACER) charges money to lookup the case details and I'm not invested enough to take that step. Anyone in San Antonio want to go to the case meeting on Aug 6th?
I got mine yesterday.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Just got my bankruptcy notice. Sadly the federal system for viewing these (PACER) charges money to lookup the case details and I'm not invested enough to take that step. Anyone in San Antonio want to go to the case meeting on Aug 6th?

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:05 am

I'm also in for a very modest sum (<$100) and feel that it is most likely #1 (washing away business/other obligations while trying to keep word to backers to the extent possible).

That said, and not lumping him in here, people often take the insanely complicated route when bailing (or even running a full on scam). I'm thinking of Ice Age Miniatures here who kept coming back for months on end with even more ridiculous stories. Granted, they were running several at once and maybe trying to run out the clock for other reasons, but still, it would have been far easier for them to just disappear much earlier.

More common is a sense of guilt or lying to oneself bringing the person back over and over again with more outrageous claims (most of which have a kernel of truth). Humans are interesting. I mean, we humans, who feel emotions in all things and totally aren't robots sure are interesting. bzzzt, krzzaaak, emotion circuit overload detected

Return to “Gaming Talk”