tabletopblacksmith KS boat,tree and more till Nov 16

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: tabletopblacksmith KS boat,tree and more till Nov 16

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:05 am

I'm also in for a very modest sum (<$100) and feel that it is most likely #1 (washing away business/other obligations while trying to keep word to backers to the extent possible).

That said, and not lumping him in here, people often take the insanely complicated route when bailing (or even running a full on scam). I'm thinking of Ice Age Miniatures here who kept coming back for months on end with even more ridiculous stories. Granted, they were running several at once and maybe trying to run out the clock for other reasons, but still, it would have been far easier for them to just disappear much earlier.

More common is a sense of guilt or lying to oneself bringing the person back over and over again with more outrageous claims (most of which have a kernel of truth). Humans are interesting. I mean, we humans, who feel emotions in all things and totally aren't robots sure are interesting. bzzzt, krzzaaak, emotion circuit overload detected

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:06 pm
I messaged him, this is his response to me.

Hello Zach, yes unfortunately I had to file for bankruptcy but everyone
will be getting their orders. We are still shipping as they print.

Thank you for reaching out.

So my guess is either 1) he's being honest and perhaps the BK is unrelated to the kickstarter and shipping out is minimally affected, or 2) it's a way to keep the backers quiet for a while longer with promises.

I'm hoping for #1.
1 seems much more likely - for all the troubles this KS has had - he does seem like he is trying

if the BK was because of KS, then why wouldn't he just say "piss off, KS ruined my life, i am done" (he'd probably be more polite) - there is ZERO point in "buying time" when you have already made yourself legally bulletproof through the BK for something you probably weren't even technically legally obligated to fulfill anyway (KS is after all a leap of faith and trust)

i feel bad for the guy - his life is obviously a pile of suck right now - i am not going to pile on because i am in to him for $100

i am just sad because he had a clever and relatively simple idea with huge potential and somewhere along the line it got away from him - really a shame for all of us, but especially for him
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:06 pm

I messaged him, this is his response to me.

Hello Zach, yes unfortunately I had to file for bankruptcy but everyone
will be getting their orders. We are still shipping as they print.

Thank you for reaching out.

So my guess is either 1) he's being honest and perhaps the BK is unrelated to the kickstarter and shipping out is minimally affected, or 2) it's a way to keep the backers quiet for a while longer with promises.

I'm hoping for #1.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:15 pm

zenako wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:40 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:35 pm
Hard to comprehend going bankrupt over 10grand...

This project had only 72 backers - it would seem like he could have worked something out with each of them

I suspect there are other issues in his life
I suspect it was more like a company going bankrupt and not a personal one. One way to get out of debts they might have had to various folks or vendors I think. If you have any business smarts your KS is being offered by some sort of company/corporation and does not expose you personally to financial liability.
You would think but I don't believe this is the case. The bankruptcy has his name and what I assume is his wife name on it, not any company names. I agree that there must be more going on here than just the loss of KS money. I mean it is a KS there is no guarantee of getting anything out of them so he could have easy just said it was not going to happen and walked away. It happens all the time.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:40 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:35 pm

This project had only 72 backers - it would seem like he could have worked something out with each of them

I suspect it was more like a company going bankrupt and not a personal one. One way to get out of debts they might have had to various folks or vendors I think. If you have any business smarts your KS is being offered by some sort of company/corporation and does not expose you personally to financial liability.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:35 pm

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:29 am

Yes, it is disappointing. I did not follow this in any detail, but it is still sad to see a KS failure.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:50 pm

:(
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:19 pm

I got my stuff a month ago and it was a bunch of junk I don't see me using it. But for people that did not get any of their stuff you may not now. It looks like Benjamin Bladh has filed for Bankruptcy Chapter 7. I got a letter today letting me know that. So it looks like he will not be filling anything at all now. I hope everyone that ordered something from him got their stuff.

Arravis
Orc
Orc

Post by Arravis » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 am

Damn... anyone have pics of the final product?

Return to “Gaming Talk”