CMON

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: CMON

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 am

I also do not see the huge problem. Yes, on that FB page it was pretty wildly off topic, and perhaps deserved to be removed. Here I think it is perfectly appropriate to post. This is the off-topic area after all.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 am

Oldent wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 am
I am afraid I do not think I was harsh enough. If you have a complaint with someone contact them. Posting comments behind someone back is called what? Backstabbing ? I can think of several more derogatory terms and 4 letter words.

A note on emails . COMON receives thousands a day. When my KS was late I received a cut and paste response.After several attempts over several days I received a contact number. I had it already and should have called first.

I have very little reason to complain about Dwarven Forge customer service. If I did I would not ]expletive deleted here. I would contact them directly.

This thread should be locked and removed :!:
'Backstabbing' !?

All I read was around 2 facts and 2 questions from a fellow forum member who is just wondering if they had a problem.

There were no insults, no negative conjecture, no expletives (deleted or otherwise)

We all agree TBT should talk to CMON, but garnering more information is generally a good idea before taking any action.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:17 am

Seems like a perfectly fine question to ask here in the Gaming Talk sub-forum where we talk about all kinds of different gaming stuff not specifically Dwarven Forge. TBT was just asking us as a group if anyone had a similar or different experience with CMON that they could share so he could put his own experience in perspective. Isn't that one of the functions of a community like this?
Last edited by Harneloot on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:43 pm

thebigteacher wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:44 pm
Question: anyone order miniatures from Cool Mini or Not (CMON)? I placed a $97.00+ order 34 days ago and have received nothing. Is this what I should expect from them?

This question was also posted to the Dwarven Forge -Fans/mods/tips/tricks Facebook page where it was removed. I suppose it was removed for not being specifically about DF. Did anyone see it there?

Bad question on Facebook ok question for here IMO

34 days even over the holidays still warrants you check with them.

I would suggest you call and ask them to check on your order and to please email you the info that way you get a faster response but have an email as proof of what they said.

Hope this is helpful advice.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:20 am

I am afraid I do not think I was harsh enough. If you have a complaint with someone contact them. Posting comments behind someone back is called what? Backstabbing ? I can think of several more derogatory terms and 4 letter words.

A note on emails . COMON receives thousands a day. When my KS was late I received a cut and paste response.After several attempts over several days I received a contact number. I had it already and should have called first.

I have very little reason to complain about Dwarven Forge customer service. If I did I would not ]expletive deleted here. I would contact them directly.

This thread should be locked and removed :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:08 am

Never ordered from DMON or backed a Ks, though I have looked at their Kses.

I am pretty active on the Reaper forums (same screen name) and have heard of troubles but not have had any yet.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 am
That seems harsh, all he wanted was to know if he should be worried yet. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

These boards have always been welcoming to discussion of various topics. I steer clear of boards where a question gets you put in probation or expelled. Reaper's boards are a good example for me, I rarely post there anymore due to restrictions.
Yea I stay away from Reaper for that reason also now.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 am

We kinda get why on a facebook page it would be frowned upon as it would take up a large part of the Facebook page's posts footprint. Facebook not having a Forums post structure and so all posts appear on the main page and almost force the user to read them all.

On the DF forums I think it is perfectly reasonable to post this as it is certainly game related and is only read by those who navigate to it and the heading gives you a clue that its not DF related.

But back on point:
Agree with Oldent - give them a phone call, harder to fob you off on the phone than it is to ignore an email (email them as well btw ;)) - recommend if you don't get satisfactory answers that you get stroppy without getting personal or swearing :).

Never ordered from CMON directly only ever backed their projects on Kickstarter where their reputation is somewhat negative, but they get repeat customers due to good quality product and they always deliver - eventually.

Punctuality and customer service are not their strong points from reading backer comments.

Personally we back their projects but once the KS has finished we forget about them (apart from reading updates) and get a nice surprise in post about a year or so later :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 am

That seems harsh, all he wanted was to know if he should be worried yet. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

These boards have always been welcoming to discussion of various topics. I steer clear of boards where a question gets you put in probation or expelled. Reaper's boards are a good example for me, I rarely post there anymore due to restrictions.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 am

I saw the post. I would have removed the post and put you on probation if it was one of my groups.
Why are you posting here? Contact COMON customer service.

Call CMON customer service. I have had better results with the phone than email. I have some back orders on the dock waiting on a container.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!