Best blood on terrain?

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Best blood on terrain?

Post by Oldent » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASu1bHcdioE

I found this link I think it will be very helpful!
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:28 am

Most PVA products will probably work with wax paper. I was able to peal the Gallery glass from the scrap plastic. My finger print dulled the effect. I did not wait until the paint was completely dry and a fingerprint spoiled the paint effect on the plastic when I trimmed it with scissors. painance and practice will take care of this kind of issue.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:24 am

I just tried both Elmer's glue and matte medium, both mixed with red food coloring and put on wax paper as it's what I had on hand. Both had the same effect. Also tried it with some glossy paint on wax paper. They look good so far. We'll see how they look at game time.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:40 am

Haven't tried the gallery glass.

I like the string gel because it doesn't shrink, nor climb up edges to form a meniscus inside a container. 40% coupons from Michaels or Hobby Lobby mitigates the cost.

Works really well around bent fishing line to make a fountain. Hmmm... think I need to make some creepy looking blood (instead of water) fountains.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:11 pm

I know that the gallery glass will work on wax paper. I like to use the Tamiya clear red for blood.

Try clear plastic to make blood trail markers. I could not find my leather punch to make an example. A school supply hole punch would be perfect.

The gallery glass will shrink when it drys.This is a painted Ice tile with a LED tea light under it.

Red and yellow Gallery Glass

This is Blue Gallery Glass

A home made lava tile.

Another option with wax paper is glossy mod podge and red paint. I don't use the liquitex string gel because it cost so much more than many of the products I have on hand. I know liquitex is a good product.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Suggest liquitex string gel colored with some red ink, and then layered out on something (wax paper, etc.) that allows it to peel off when dry.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Best blood on terrain?

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm

I want to have a gruesome scene in my next game and need some blood on the floors. I don't want it to be permanent however. Any ideas of something that looks cool but won't stain?

I was thinking of those jelly window clings; I could buy a valentine's set and cut up some of the red hearts into blood splatters, but I'm worried it might stain.

This would be on resin and dwarvenite.

Ideas?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned