D&D Icons of the Realms ship

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: D&D Icons of the Realms ship

Post by kitenerd » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:16 pm

I missed that line - thank you!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:08 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 pm
are the top decks no longer removable?

seems like they have switched to cardboard below decks that slide underneath the boat - this is probably more convenient - what about the fore and aft castles - do we have access to those spaces?
They did say that the panels came off so you can play in that part. https://youtu.be/ISyPx1_9nSc?t=1159

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about some of that, but realistically trying to have a multi level ship all in the same hull becomes hard to gameplay on, so having standalone lower decks makes some sense. What I did not see however were access to the Stern/Forecastle regions of the ship. (I have one on Preorder in any case - it will be the "ship of the line" in any nautical scenario I create in any case.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 pm

are the top decks no longer removable?

seems like they have switched to cardboard below decks that slide underneath the boat - this is probably more convenient - what about the fore and aft castles - do we have access to those spaces?
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:33 pm

If anyone wants to see what it looks like. I am glad I have one on pre-order now that I have seen this. https://youtu.be/ISyPx1_9nSc?t=1108

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 pm

I was seriously considering coming this year...but it fell on the weekend we traditionally go with our trailer to meet my brother- and sister-in-law as they head north in their RV for a two-month visit.

And we lost our cat whilst camping, so it was not fun. Fortunately my crazy cat lady sis-in-law (her words, not mine) stayed when I had to get back to work...and with the help of half the County law enforcement establishment, recovered said cat.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (still Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, including KS' 5 and 6
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Yeah it was fun; I figured it would be fun to have a reason for being in the tavern. It kind of grew from there. I never found my stuff or my girlfriend that I was looking for. I'm just glad the cleric carried me out of the cave!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:48 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 pm

We did the DF lunch together; all around great guy! And not too dusty!
Thanks for the praise! I enjoyed your segue into pirate slaying at the booth game, maybe we can find an excuse to end up at the same place again for more gaming one of these days. I hope you enjoyed your GenCon experience. If you decide to come next year make sure to let me know. I'll have to see if I can find a reasonable excuse to make it out that way some time too.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah, GenCon was pretty hectic this year but it was still a blast. Got to peek at some interesting sculpts from some sculptors and I got to show the wife some of the zombie related terrain from 4Ground in person. Part of the DF crew is in love with the youngest rugrat (6 months, they met her while wearing a lvl 1 human onsie). I also did a class for casting in resin which let me decide how I feel about it without a large investment. It seems I need to order some molds and some two part resin. I'll be using it for bits and bobs, so I don't need to worry about the 7 year old destroying them as much. The time investment for the amount I want to do (especially since assembly is minimal to non-existant) is pretty low.

As to the boats, I plan to display them on top of shelving units and on part of my desk anyway. I found a song that sums up how I feel about 28mm boats right now. Fair warning, it is a kitchy pirate themed metal group whose attraction does not lie in their singing talent.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:06 pm
LordDust wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:33 am
I intend to have a fleet worth of ships and boats of various sizes for 28mm. I think I will try to acquire one of these. I already have a line on some discounted Blood and Plunder ships as well. I'd share, but it is a personal invitation so it wouldn't do anyone else any good.

we have 7-8 built lego ships in about the right scale for 28mm. I get the attraction but I'll stick to Lego...because worst come to worst, I can break them down and store 'em, like DwF.

Lord D, can't recall, did you not make GenCon this year?

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoriat (still Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, incl KS6
We did the DF lunch together; all around great guy! And not too dusty!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned