Whats on your ToDo list?

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Whats on your ToDo list?

Post by LordDust » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:18 am

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:23 am
Then you show more willpower than I do, I keep buying sets of the things! Congratulations on your little one, daughters are a blessing and worth every moment of your time. My oldest just graduated college. Perhaps I can take advantage of her current free time and teach her to paint minis before her job starts.
Thank you, congrats yourself on successfully getting one through college (even if it was primarily her own effort, you did lay the groundwork after all)! My wife is a decent painter who can definitely do standard table top paint jobs, so I am looking forward to her help later. The eight year old wants to help (and I do give her things to paint), but she is a bit too impatient to develop the needed skills just yet. I think it is coming soon though. I also have a stock of canvases and clays for them to mess with. I really should try to develop my sculpting skills, my father was incredibly skilled with almost no formal education in it, I can only hope I have inherited some of that talent and just not yet realized it! As to willpower, I have often been told I seem to have more than average. I'm not sure it is that so much as being wired funny makes it easier for me to make and stick to certain decisions than it is for most. It comes with enough drawbacks, I'll take a few positives to help balance it out. It was a wise decision to cut back, my guesstimate in the earlier post was a bit short, I think I am over a thousand unpainted minis at this point. It makes my head throb a bit just thinking about it... (I forgot the horde of pewter I bought for a buck a piece at the Gen Con auction years back).

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:23 am

LordDust wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:55 am
Arcarius2001 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:03 pm
LordDust wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 pm
(remember self, stop buying unpainted minis!)
Oh sure, that’ll happen :roll:
I’ve been saying that for years!

My to do list priority project is to finally paint all of my KS1. (I pledged for five sets and all the add ons). I have barely anything painted so I want to paint it to match up to my Dungeon of Doom sets. I wisely never pledged for unpainted again.

After that, too many minis to paint but I’d like to get a start on the monsters from Conan and Bones.
I've at least been buying less of them... I am considering trying to find some local painters of decent quality to employ for a few small projects to help me finish a few things in a more timely manner. The littlest addition to the family (about 16 months old now) has been occupying a lot of our time, I think I may have painted once or twice in the last 6 months. Here soon I can probably paint more since she can entertain herself a bit now with supervision. It is not easy balancing this hobby with multiple jobs and a young family. They take priority of course, so the hobby sneaks in as I can fit it.
Then you show more willpower than I do, I keep buying sets of the things! Congratulations on your little one, daughters are a blessing and worth every moment of your time. My oldest just graduated college. Perhaps I can take advantage of her current free time and teach her to paint minis before her job starts.

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:28 am

I have a small backlog of DF pieces to paint. I think about 8 hours worth since I am quite slow at painting. I additionally need to figure out how to start a Ponzi scheme or something similar so I can afford more painted DF pieces.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 am

My big plans at the moment is to start working through my Reaper Bones Ks stuff which I got last week. I need to decide what to sell and get a rough painting order done. I'll be selling a lot of the smaller minis locally while keeping the big stuff which I far more enjoy painting. It is going to be a lot of fun, but the paining will likely not start in earnest till summer.

No building stuff on the horizon for me and all my DF is painted already.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:55 am

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:03 pm
LordDust wrote:

My to do list priority project is to finally paint all of my KS1. (I pledged for five sets and all the add ons). I have barely anything painted so I want to paint it to match up to my Dungeon of Doom sets. I wisely never pledged for unpainted again.

After that, too many minis to paint but I’d like to get a start on the monsters from Conan and Bones.
I've at least been buying less of them... I am considering trying to find some local painters of decent quality to employ for a few small projects to help me finish a few things in a more timely manner. The littlest addition to the family (about 16 months old now) has been occupying a lot of our time, I think I may have painted once or twice in the last 6 months. Here soon I can probably paint more since she can entertain herself a bit now with supervision. It is not easy balancing this hobby with multiple jobs and a young family. They take priority of course, so the hobby sneaks in as I can fit it.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:03 pm

LordDust wrote:

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Love the workspace BTW - current game room plans have a drop front painting space much like yours... someday
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:25 pm

NinjaMeesta wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm
Ack! I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've been on the forums!
My "crafting" station is complete! (it's going to be used for sewing projects as well)

I'm in the middle of organizing storage (we have a huge amount of shelves, mostly being filled by DF.)
I'm getting more shelves for the side storage, and plenty of totes for the mini's. Then figuring out how to organizing the paints and such. Also it comes with wine! Bonus! :D
Crafting and sewing - you sound like me! I finally decided i needed separate space for each... but i still use the dining room table for both... sigh
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Post by NinjaMeesta » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Ack! I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've been on the forums!
My "crafting" station is complete! (it's going to be used for sewing projects as well)

I'm in the middle of organizing storage (we have a huge amount of shelves, mostly being filled by DF.)
I'm getting more shelves for the side storage, and plenty of totes for the mini's. Then figuring out how to organizing the paints and such. Also it comes with wine! Bonus! :D

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Post by NinjaMeesta » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:32 am

William wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:38 pm
I have him... fun mini. 8-)

Now, get to work! ;)
Yes sir! Right away sir!

MrMorden wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:26 pm
NinjaMeesta wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:26 pm
*gulp*
Maybe if I post here, I'll be accountable. :oops:
The big to-do is organize our new game room, which is used for storage:

Fixed your mistake for you. ;)

Hahahha, thanks Morden! I wish the room was big enough for that! The whole wall will become storage at some point. (glad Ikea finally opened here!)
:D

Return to “Gaming Talk”