Whats on your ToDo list?

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Whats on your ToDo list?

Post by kitenerd » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:34 pm

My New Years Resolution was "Paint more, spend less"

I stayed up on NY eve and started painting a Bones dragon, painted again Jan 2nd - haven't painted since :(

I have enough figures and terrain to paint to keep me busy for a lifetime - if i got divorced and never saw my children again - with my current life i have enough to keep me busy for 10 lifetimes ;)

Plus i still have the Battlestar Gallactica game that i have never played (and REALLY want to) and i would love to do a Serenity campaign - i like the mechanics and LOVE the world - plus SW D6 is begging to have more table time...

i'll stop here - i am getting depressed
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:50 am

- Finish painting KS4
- Finish painting KS5 when it arrives. (I bought everything painted this time except lava bridge 2)
- Assemble & paint the two Malifaux crews I bought to try the game.
- Assemble my woodland scenics trees. I've made one or two and they look way better than I thought they would.
- Paint my Citadel tree
- Paint my imperial assault stuff.
- Paint my dungeon terraincrate stuff. Fortunately this crate looks like it's going to be mostly wood coloured without too many fiddly details. Hopefully fast.
- If it ever arrives, paint my Modular Underground Project (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... %20project) stuff
- paint some of the Warhammer Shadespire minis.
- Try to find some time to play games without neglecting my baby and two year old.

But if all I do this year is finish KS4/KS5 painting, I'll be pretty happy.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 am

Back to summer projects.
Painting Green Hord is at the top of the list.

I need to set this aside and let this dry before I mess up.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:43 pm
I'd report your findings to Chuck. I don't think they ever figured out the cause of the yellowing. I know they seem to be doing limited restocks of resin, but if they could pinpoint an issue they might be able to fix it (or advise for use and car) and reissue ice caverns. ::crosses fingers::
My invisible Frodo was stored in a dark cool place. It is as yellow as if it was stored on the shelf. Heat may speed the yellowing up, There is nothing to be done after the fact.I do not know what clear resin product was used in China.Some products are better than others.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:43 pm

I'd report your findings to Chuck. I don't think they ever figured out the cause of the yellowing. I know they seem to be doing limited restocks of resin, but if they could pinpoint an issue they might be able to fix it (or advise for use and car) and reissue ice caverns. ::crosses fingers::
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jasdotcom
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jasdotcom » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:02 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm
jasdotcom wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm
My summer to-do list:

* I have some DF resin Ice Caverns to repair -- after storing them in a hot location last summer, a few pieces have developed the Yellow Curse. My plan is to flock over the spots with Scenic Terrain Snow, then seal with a glossy glaze (any suggestions would be helpful as I'm scared as hell that I may mess these up).
Has it been confirmed that heat is the issue with the resin ice caverns? I would love to know how to prevent/slow down the process.
I'm not sure if there is confirmation but my sets were pristine for 4 years...until I moved them from a temp controlled area to my garage over last summer to remodel the basement. The remodel took months (as compared to weeks, like we thought it would) and a few heat waves occurred. When I moved them back into the house they had yellowed.

Over the same period, I purchased a new, unopened Ice Cavern set from eBay from a seller who promised the set came from a "clean, dry, smoke-free home". Working on the assumption that all Ice Cavern sets were manufactured roughly the same time, my only guess is the heat is what yellows them.

Here's a photo showing the "new" piece on the left (presumably stored at room temp) and a garage-stored piece on the right which was subjected to probably 130-degree heat in a closed, ventless space during summer.

Last edited by jasdotcom on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:29 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 am
Got a bunch of those old GW space Orcs - intend to strip and repaint sometime.

That Stompa is awesome!

We always buy painted terrain, nicely sidesteps those several thousand piece ambushes ;)

Sadly not many minis come pre-painted :(
GW at least in their starter games use coloured plastic the same colour as the standard base coat for each army.

Looking forward to what DF are going to offer mini wise in KSVI and their minis KS.
The Great Gargant is a very early licenced production model.I Updated the weapons the last big game I played. The giga blasta is PVC Pipe.

Building stuff is more fun than playing sometimes.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:23 am

Got a bunch of those old GW space Orcs - intend to strip and repaint sometime.

That Stompa is awesome!

We always buy painted terrain, nicely sidesteps those several thousand piece ambushes ;)

Sadly not many minis come pre-painted :(
GW at least in their starter games use coloured plastic the same colour as the standard base coat for each army.

Looking forward to what DF are going to offer mini wise in KSVI and their minis KS.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Phoenix Rising
Orc
Orc

Post by Phoenix Rising » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 am

Just jumping in to the Pit of Eternal Painting Backlog.

I've got a 2'x3' layout of Doom pieces that I'm working through painting (and elevating with foam). It's pretty much every floor and non-passage wall I have so far (Encounters 1-6 plus an extra #4) - including all the trap floors and trap doors and all of the double door frames fitted with CBS walls. Only half of the corners, which is a blessing. Basically my not-immediate-need pile is a bunch of passage walls, doors, and "decor". I'm about 1/3 of the way through my initial 390 pieces on the painting.

I just got about 400 pieces of Terrain Crate; I'll be painting the stone debris from that and maybe a cot and a desk if I have time, to go with the above layout. I'l probably use most of it unpainted for a while.

Other than that I have a few outstanding Reaper figures, some misc DF city and dungeon accessories, and a set of DF stalagmites.

Upcoming: I ordered a total of 2168 pieces of Doom... it's lurking out there in ambush somewhere. I have a few pieces from the War In Christmas Village sequel KS due this Christmas, and then most of Bones 4 will drop on me, ending all hope of ever completing my painting backlog.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:37 pm

pacarat wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:19 pm
Love those old greenskins. Had a bunch but sold them off a few years back at the Historicon flea market - along with all our other 40K stuff.
I am fond of the old orcs but they are in deep storage :(

Return to “Gaming Talk”